Large Carbon Fiber Damascus Insingo.

It's a regular.

Their tolerances are so tight, could you just swap parts? Sell the other frankenknife?

It's a regular.

Their tolerances are so tight, could you just swap parts? Sell the other frankenknife?

As tight as the tolerances are, there is still like a .0005 difference when machining the lockbar that makes it 50% lockup to say 90% lockup. Its been tried and done. Every once in a blue moon, you will find a match, but its very unlikely. And selling this so called " frankenknife " is what leads to warranty issues with the unknowing when sold.

On a side note, I did ask CRK for a carbon fiber Insingo awhile back and was denied. I also asked for a Damascus Insingo and they said Chris has had many requests, but had no intention of making them at that time. Hopefully eventually, he will change his mind.

As tight as the tolerances are, there is still like a .0005 difference when machining the lockbar that makes it 50% lockup to say 90% lockup. Its been tried and done. Every once in a blue moon, you will find a match, but its very unlikely. And selling this so called " frankenknife " is what leads to warranty issues with the unknowing when sold.

On a side note, I did ask CRK for a carbon fiber Insingo awhile back and was denied. I also asked for a Damascus Insingo and they said Chris has had many requests, but had no intention of making them at that time. Hopefully eventually, he will change his mind.

Thanks!

Large Carbon Fiber Damascus Insingo.
I'd take one.
I'd also be happy with a large Damascus Insingo, as the CF scale could be made by a talented BF-member.
red mag

PS: Maybe there comes a time when CRK can be talked into such a thing.

Me too, where's the list:D I'd take a plain Damascus Insingo in a Heartbeat:thumbup:

I read here that they would make an insingo damascus if someone ordered one...

Back