1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Large Carbon Fiber Damascus Insingo.

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by MRaymond, Mar 21, 2013.

1. MRaymond

MRaymond

Jan 27, 2012
    I would love one! Would crk make one?

2. y0ukn0wwh0

y0ukn0wwh0

Mar 16, 2008
    I may be mistaken, but doesn't Blade HQ have a CF inlay Insingo? Was it a regular Sebenza

3. jacobwilson99

jacobwilson99

Jan 6, 2012
    It's a regular.

Their tolerances are so tight, could you just swap parts? Sell the other frankenknife?

4. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008
    As tight as the tolerances are, there is still like a .0005 difference when machining the lockbar that makes it 50% lockup to say 90% lockup. Its been tried and done. Every once in a blue moon, you will find a match, but its very unlikely. And selling this so called " frankenknife " is what leads to warranty issues with the unknowing when sold.

On a side note, I did ask CRK for a carbon fiber Insingo awhile back and was denied. I also asked for a Damascus Insingo and they said Chris has had many requests, but had no intention of making them at that time. Hopefully eventually, he will change his mind.

5. jacobwilson99

jacobwilson99

Jan 6, 2012
    Thanks!

6. red mag

red mag

Apr 12, 1999
    Large Carbon Fiber Damascus Insingo.
    I'd take one.
    I'd also be happy with a large Damascus Insingo, as the CF scale could be made by a talented BF-member.
    red mag

PS: Maybe there comes a time when CRK can be talked into such a thing.

7. lemmuhj

lemmuhj Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2010
    I'll take the Raindrop Insingo please!

8. jwolf90

jwolf90

Oct 17, 2011
    Me too, where's the list:D I'd take a plain Damascus Insingo in a Heartbeat:thumbup:

9. franzdom

franzdom

Sep 6, 2012
    I read here that they would make an insingo damascus if someone ordered one...