Large Inkosi advice please

Ogri

Gold Member
Hi, I am thinking about buying a large Inkosi Insingo. There is nowhere where I live where I can look and handle one in person. My question is should I go for the PJ version or natural Micarta. I want the knife to be a user so am not worried about scratches or snail trails . Any advice would be greatly appreciated .

I just got a Large Inkosi Insingo in black micarta as my first CRK. The micarta gives a comfy grip, and I like it, but I do find myself wishing I had a plain one as well. I'll probably pick up a few CRK's lol.

If I had to pick only one CRK, the large Inkosi micarta would definitely be a top contender. The little bit of added width the inlays give makes for a more comfortable grip for me. If I’m doing a lot of cutting/stripping/skinning, and really bearing down on the knife, it makes a big difference. I wouldn’t say the plain Inkosi is too thin, but it’s right at it and I do prefer the plain 21. Micarta makes for a warmer knife during the winter as well

Can’t go wrong either way. Get which ever one looks best to you.

With the plain jane version, I would have 1 less thing to worry about, which is the scales. Having said that, one needs to try both version and get the one that fits your hand. As for me the plain jane being slimmer fits well in the CRK leather slip and also fits my hands better. If the plain jane versions have patterns on the slab, it would be grippier like the Wilson Combat versions.

Have had both...

Prefer the micarta by a large margin.

zNIWJu7.jpg

I’ve owned both. I definitely prefer the micarta inlay version as it feels more secure and hand filling for work.
Still have my micarta, my PJ went to a new home long ago. :)

I have a plain jane in route. I like the look better, plus I’m thinking of having the scale laser engraved...

I'm more in the Micarta camp as it does provide the width that makes the knife more comfortable.

I myself will not own a plain scale crk folder. Micarta fills the hand out better and when in wet conditions it helps with grip and control a ton.

Anyone have a side by side comparison of the two? I’ve always wondered how much thicker the micarta version is In relation to the plain Jane variant

I prefer the micarta as well, it "fills" the grip just slightly better and helps when your hands are wet.

Back