Large Plain FLAT GROUND

slag

Basic Member
This is probably only a question that CRK can answer......

I splurged and picked up (traded up) to a large plain flat ground sebenza today. In the process, I sold (practically gave) my regular large plain sebbie to my brother. It was partly for piece of mind--knowing he carried a knife that I myself would (did) carry. He may not be a knife-nut like myself, but that doesn't mean he can't partake in the fruits of my labor (namely, research). A good knife is a good knife, whether you know it or not. So you might as well know it.

This one is signed on the blade, as the first 130 were (according to enclosed documentation). Needless to say, it still went straight into my pocket. So, down the road, when/if refinishing ever becomes an issue, will that include "re-signing" the blade??
smile.gif

The seller jokingly(?) commented, AFTER the transaction was completed, "now just keep that in the boxed, unused. someday it will likely fetch a hefty sum". WHAT??? I just sold my only carry knife to my brother, I'd be without one if I packed it away......though it was said in one of those "sarcastic-serious" tones. Difficult to discern what he really was getting at??.....oh well, too late now
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by slag (edited 06-23-2001).]

Hello,

IMHO a Sebenza like yours should be a used knife to really honor Chris and all his wonder team !
The more you will use it the more it will fill your heart.
And heart is more important than drawer! ;-D

Free your Sebenza from his box !!!

cheers,

JM

I agree with Nemo. FREE THE SEBENZA!! It yearns to be free. It demands to be free. It will forever be grateful for its freedom. It will never dissapoint you if you allow it to go free and you will have a workmate for as long as you live. Again I say; FREE THE SEBENZA!

------------------
Art Sigmon
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Php. 4:13

"For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword"
Heb. 4:12

Done.....a captive of my pocket, it now is.

[This message has been edited by slag (edited 06-27-2001).]

slag,

Glad to hear that you're partaking in the fruits of your labor !
biggrin.gif

Just remember. . .the marks that are put on a 'benza only adds character to your cherished possession.

Also. . .if you get tired of the character marks. . .you can send the knife back to CRK for a refreshing refurb.
wink.gif

Of course. . .at a small charge.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Livin' Life ~ Full Throttle
------------------

As I have said before, it is a tool ... a thing, and a very good tool/thing at that. It is NOT an idol. Use it, as Chris & Co. intended.

When you bought it you bought a carry knife, right? Even if it is someday collectible you'll be able to say that you used a great knife all those years.

I know I am very slow in getting to answer your question, Slag, but yes, I am quite sure Chris would re-sign the blade if you sent it back for refurbishing. You will want to keep the paperwork to verify the authenticity of the knife.

Enjoy using it!

Anne

Back