Large Schrade Scrim of Factory

This is an interesting knife which I purchased some years ago. Having lived in Schrade country ( Walden, Ellenville, Wallkill, ect for most of my life ). My collection of cutlery from this area includes some unusual pieces. As I understand it these particular knifes were produced ( on a one time basis )for a meeting that was held when Schrade moved from their original Ellenville plant to it's present location ( which was the old CHANNEL MASTER antenna and electronics company ). The picture of this factory is scrimmed on the scale of this knife. The knife is in effect an LB-7 or LB-8 ( Determined by it's handle material ( wood or delrin stag, Uncle Henry). This one is in white micarta and is tang marked SC507. The blade is the same Schrade + (stainless steel)as a 7 or 8. I was told this knife was given out to salesmen, employees, VIP's ect to celebrate the move to the new factory at a meeting or party that was held by the company. While most of these were the stamped versions this one must have been a pattern or prototype knife since it is not a stamp but, hand done. I would like to know if the information regarding this knife is correct and if so how many of these were given out ( an idea of it's rarity,) As well as any information which might be pertinent to it's history. The Schrade company as well as the other cutlery companies of this area have long been of great interest to me now that I have retired from 26 years as a peace officer from the NYS D.O.C.S . I am pursuing this interest in the manner that I never could before. That is why I want to thankyou for this forum which opens up a whole new avenue for researching these items and histories. If anyone has any information or positive comments please let me know Thankyou Rich.
View

------------------

[This message has been edited by lt632ret (edited 04-03-2001).]

[This message has been edited by lt632ret (edited 04-04-2001).]

Back