Large Sebenza 21 filler tabs

FYI: Title 18, Chapter 17 of the U.S. Code:

Whoever fraudulently alters, defaces, mutilates, impairs, diminishes, falsifies, scales, or lightens any of the coins coined at the mints of the United States, or any foreign coins which are by law made current or are in actual use or circulation as money within the United States; or

Whoever fraudulently possesses, passes, utters, publishes, or sells, or attempts to pass, utter, publish, or sell, or brings into the United States, any such coin, knowing the same to be altered, defaced, mutilated, impaired, diminished, falsified, scaled, or lightened—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 700; July 16, 1951, ch. 226, § 1, 65 Stat. 121; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(I), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

That didn’t take long to read.......WTF :oops:

That’s a lot more better, with content ;), nice looking filler tab. I’d bet they would be sought after.

Last edited:
The interpretation of this boils down to any intent of an individual attempting to defeaud another person . Which it is not. Additionally I’m not trying to pass it off as a US coin . The same consideration has been addressed with flattenened souvenir pennies which are not a crime and do not fall under this consideration for conviction either. Misinformation is harmful and shows me you’re not up to speed.

Last edited:
"fraudulently" is the important bit, he's not doing that. Nice work , I could see CRK Owners being interested in that.

Point taken! Not a lawyer, just haven’t wanted to trip over currency defacing laws. Good to know it’s not an issue.

Back