Recommendation? Large Sebenza 21 insingo or large Inkosi insingo for EDC

Hello,

I am looking for feedbacks from owners of large Sebenza 21 insingo and large Inkosi insingo

My Understanding is that the seb has a deeper hollow grind and the Inkosi has more belly.

Is there a significant difference in cutting ability between these 2 variations of the insingo blade?

Which one make a better EDC for your tasks? And what are those tasks ;)

I have a large 21 Insingo and plan to get a large Inkosingo down the road. I can’t give you a comparison at this point in time but I will say that my Insingo is a better slicer and overall cutter than my 25.
Although not an Insingo the 25 has the thicker blade with the shallower grind and more belly so it gives me a general idea. Then again it’s a 25 and not an Inkosingo so the jury is still out as it were.

Love both.
For me the Inkosi is a little more outdoor, but that's based on the jimping and the shape of the handle.
As I live in an urban environment it lean a litte towards the 21, but then the ceramic lock-face...
I also like the transition groove on the back of the blade.
The both cut very well. I think the difference in the blade grind is more with the droppoint.
hope this helps.

I am leaning toward the 3.5” for EDV
When asmaller blade is more appropriate I take my small plain Jane drop point Inkosi
I prefer the size of the small Inkosi over the small 21 actually

I wish more guys whom own both a large 21 insingo and a large Inkosi Insingo would respond to this ?
I have a large Insingo and am thinking very seriously about getting a large Inkosi Insingo. I only found a couple of CRK dealers
that have the large pj Inkosi Insingo in in stock now.

IMO, the large sebenza or large inkosi is a bit heavy for EDC... the drop point is more functional for everyday chores and easier to sharpen as well...

I carry both.

Insingo 21 as part of EDC rotation since 2010. Beem a heavy user. Blade still has a lot of life in it so I carry it most.

That said I think the Insingo Inkosi just feels better. Granted I have a plain jane 21 and a micarta Inkosi.

The handle on the Inkosi just melts in my hand.

Inwork in the oil and gas as well as mining sector as am Environmental Officer so I cut a bunch of weird things, granted I am lately more office bound with legal compliances.

I am leaning toward the 3.5” for EDV
When asmaller blade is more appropriate I take my small plain Jane drop point Inkosi
I prefer the size of the small Inkosi over the small 21 actually

I haven’t owned any insingos as I find the tip to be far too thin on them for my preference. My drop point large inkosi does have a slightly thicker ground blade compared to the large 21. I didn’t notice much difference in use, though I kept both quite sharp. I imagine that as the blades dulled the large 21’s thinner geometry would begin to play a bigger role in better slicing. With a sharp edge the difference in thickness was slight enough that I didn’t see much difference.

That said, for me the biggest difference between the two was the small Inkosi vs the small Sebbie. This is because the difference in handle length is present in these models. For some reason the large inkosi vs the large 21 have no difference in handle length. The difference in handle thickness is noticable, especially holding a 21 in one hand and an inkosi in the other. The difference though again is slight meaning (imho) the 21 is slightly more comfortable in pocket (thinner) but the inkosi is slightly more comfortable in hand (fuller thicker grip) Although personally I found the small inkosi too short to be comfortable.

Edit: also the inkosi comes out of the box smoother in my experience. But the 21 has more potential to break in and become smoother overall over time. Also if you like to flick your knife the 21 is a better option (once broken in) because the large diameter ceramic bb dentent on the inkosi lends to a very soft detent break.

I'm not sure that as far as cutting goes ... unless you are trying to find the difference between the two through testing that you would ever notice the difference in performance.

The 21 has slightly thinner blade stock ... but the Inkosi might have a slightly better grind geometry ... in theory I believe the Inkosi Insingo should have a very slight advantage in slicing ...

but in my personal everyday uses ... I really cannot tell the difference in they way they perform ...

so I guess for me it would come down to which appealed to you more and which felt best in your hand ...

in real world everyday use I doubt you would ever be able to tell one from the other cutting anything if you didn't know which you had in your hand.

Back