Large survival knife

I was just about to grab the bk9, online. Then I seen the rtakII for about $45 more. Is the rtakII worth the money? Intend to use to, process wood, (while backpacking), in combination with a sawvivor.

If it is between those two, I'd get the BK9. You can get the BK9 for $75. If the RTak II was $120, that is approaching the price of a Junglas.

bk9 out of the 2 you mentioned if your going for the rtak.. than just get a junglass as mentioned

Never had a problem with Becker's, My vote would go there. If you want to move up, in bragging rights and quality move to the ESSE. My BK7 and RC6 are still in my top three favorites.

I agree with what has been said. Get the BK9 or else move upto the ESEE Junglas which will cost you approx. $150. It is 1095, and it appears by all accounts I have read that Rowen out of Colorado got the heat treat right. The Junglas has better handle scales in my opinnion. They are micarta and are more grippy. Also, the sheath on the Junglas is better. Having said that, you can never go wrong with the Beckers at their price point. JMHO

I agree with knifeman. Go for the Becker BK9. If you decide to go larger, skip the RTAKII and go for the Junglas (which you can find for close to the price of the RTAKII online).

I agree with knifeman. Go for the Becker BK9. If you decide to go larger, skip the RTAKII and go for the Junglas (which you can find for close to the price of the RTAKII online).

where's the best place, to buy the esee junglas ? I can't seem to find one. It's not a machete is it?

The RTAKII has an enormous handle. I found it to be very uncomfortable.

My vote would be for the BK9, although I would also add a set of micarta scales to it!

The Spyderco Hossom Forager is still king in my opinion.

spydie1.jpg

where's the best place, to buy the esee junglas ? I can't seem to find one. It's not a machete is it?

No, it's a large 1095 steel knife (10" blade). You can get it for as low as $118, but they are usually out of stock (no surprise there). You can find it available for about $125 in several places. you can check here . If you google "junglas" you can find other options and reviews.

Last edited:
Back