Largest knife that disappears in your pocket?

I have three knives that I can forget I have because they are designed so well for carry: Stainless delica 4, benchmade 940-1, victorinox cadet

Thinking of large knives that carry easily, the Hold Out 2 is the same size as the Military and may be more discreet to carry.

This is a great idea for a thread. I learned a lot about handle to blade ratio and I also like the Police answers and the CRK Ti Lock will have me taking another ook at it. I handled one at the blade show and was totally confused by it. I just have to take another look in person and see how this thing works and how to get used to.

As for my experience the Spyderco Salt 1..because it has a titanium clip and is lighter than the Delica. But the small sebenza is my go to for small knife in pocket. But I also like the GEC #25 series...oh man I could go on and this is a great topic.

I recently picked up a Boker Urban Trapper Plus thinking it was a small knife, but I was surprised to find that although it's sender, the 3 1/2 blade makes it pretty substantial.

If I were to just open it and lay it on the kitchen counter, it could be assumed to be a normal medium sized paring knife.

It carries almost too easy. It's the only one I've had in a very long time that tend to forget about when I change my clothes at the end of the day, and lose it in the clothes hamper.

Cold Steel Recon 1 Spearpoint.

Reasonably thin & light weight for a larger knife, and carries like a smaller knife IMO.

I find that about a 3 1/2 inch blade to be the max for me. I can carry bigger but don't like to. My two favorites to carry are my BM 531 and a US made Kershaw Zing.

Both have blades less than 3 1/2 in.

It may be hard to believe but I can carry the Cold Steel Holdout I ( the largest one; the six inch blade ) all day at work and hardly know it is there. Very light and very thin.

Love that knife. Very practical even though it is BA.

Even with the clip removed it just sits upright in my pocket without going all side ways across my pocket like a four inch knife will do. You can just see the end of the knife flush with the top of my pocket. Sorry for the blurry photo; I moved. I prefer it with a clip though.

And it holds my book open while I am reading at lunch.

ZT 452CF or Benchmade 710. Both 4" blades, but the long slender design takes up minimal pocket space and they're both fairly light.
Also the Otonashi Noh Ken. 4"+ blade, but very narrow handle and profile.

Last edited:
I routinely carry a Endura and the light weight and slimness really makes it unobtrusive in my pocket.

Now once I did have a HTM Madd Maxx 5.5 :eek: That think was huge and didn't look like it could even fit in most pockets. And the strangest thing was not that it did, but that it was completely unnoticeable (if it was the only thing in that pocket.) The handle was titanium and it was very slim. For me, thinness and flatness is most important to a comfortable carry. Just think about your smart phone, it is thin and flat to easily slid in and out of your pocket.

A pocket clip also helps with knives. I know I can't stand when a larger edc knife turns sideways in my pocket.

I have found many blades that were surprisingly nice, flat and comfortable for pocket carry in every size range, really:

3-4" blade: Utilitac, KaBar Dozier and Piggyback, Ganzo G714, Tasman Salt

CAM02155_zpsnscc4aql.jpg

CAM01873_zpskkhadrgi.jpg

4" blade: Pacific Salt, CS Hold Out II, Spyderco Resilience, Byrd Cara Cara 2,

CAM02646_zpsjon2rgwu.jpg

CAM02797_zpsaolqr7ga.jpg

CAM03155_zpszn7nxsnw.jpg

CAM01698_zps53ddalrz.jpg

20160321_165002_zps5bt3tjbu.jpg

5" blade: Older CS Voyagers, no rivals here, super slim

2016-07-25%2018.52.17_zpsqzufapik.jpg

CAM02888_zpsf6jqlgih.jpg

6" blade: Hold Out I, incredibly easy to carry and slim, nice in the pocket. Vaquero Grande too

CAM01832_zpszsvdcmec.jpg

20160321_105701_zpsqjztciyk.jpg

I carried a Military for many years which is long but thin and light. That being said, I've carried my Talwar XL in pants with deep pockets and can honestly said it didn't get in the way or carry heavy... and that is a HUGE knife!

I'm cheap, But It's an Mtech MT-263, its ridiculous how its works for me, of course i cant carry it due to my blade limit, but it carries well around the house. flicking out a 5.5" unassisted blade is fun, especially with the pocket hook

BM's carry decent. FFKW Archbishop, RJ martin knives, Brian Nadeau Typhoon, Large El Patron. I have heard people say the Spyderco K2 and Military carry well, wouldn't mind if those two knives made a baby, I mean a 10V military, that's the ticket. The PM2 handle is very long for the blade length, but it does carry well.

Back