Larry Davidson

Just arrived from LD.The craftsmanship is A1+.It's a D/A & functions perfectly w/very crisp action & super smooth manual operation.This piece features George Werth "CELT" blade & bolsters & spacer.Anodized & filed liners.Mammoth ivory scales.Larry also has an eye for design,something lacking in many custom makers.Ordering a piece from a relatively new maker can be a little scary but in this case it knocked me on my ass.
32288638.jpg

[This message has been edited by princa (edited 04-18-2001).]

eek.gif

Very nice! Thanks for posting this.

But now a few questions: How big is it? Got any pics of the filework? Does Larry have a website you can refer me to?

I'd love to see and read a bit more about this and other knives made by this very promising maker.

Tim, great photo and I'm glad you took a chance on this new maker....I really enjoyed making this knife....LD

Wulf, the knife has a 3-1/2" blade. Overall is around 7-7/8". I don't have a website yet.
One is in the works. Our own BF SammyB is building one for me. If you check out the Exchane forum under Knives For Sale:Makers
there is a thread with links to my photopoint album and UWMitch's page of the "Lefty" I built for him. Here is the link to the Beta
version of my website. http://www.100megspop2.com/sammyb/

That's a BEAUTY !!

------------------
Anders Johansson at
Banner2.gif

[This message has been edited by AJohansson (edited 04-21-2001).]

Hi Mitch,
Sorry I missed the Eugene show....Several reports came in that it was "kinda weird".
What the heck happened.??
I don't think ole "Lefty" is plain.
I think of it as understated elegance, Que?
Anyway, I sure have a lot of D/A's to get done and Blade is just around the corner.
I've got a new model. I'll shoot you a .dwg file. Let me know what you think.
Everybody have fun.
I wanted to be a full time knifemaker,
What wuz I thinkin??? What wuz I drinkin????
Larry D.

Back