Laser Strike Mk 2 countdown!

Just kidding. :D

I am however looking forward to seeing what the new version of this baby will look like . It's a dang good looking knife. I'm sure ESEE and Rowen will never disappoint. The HEST is a great blade but this sounds like an upgrade to me!

laser_strike.jpg

For those that have no idea what I'm talking about...

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797384

b*stard.
got my hopes up.
now I know what that Rowen made Becker/Ritter mk II reminded me of.

As added cool factor (and no I won’t post a link because someone WILL bump it :D) it was just over TEN years ago that Jeff made a post on BF about the TOPS Laser Strike being introduced. Google brought up the thread.

The Laser Strike has been in the back of our minds for some time now. A lot of people are wanting this knife to be re-introduced. So, when Shon and I were talking yesterday about the discontinuation of the HEST he asked "what are we going to replace it with?" In my office there is a large poster of the front page of the September 2001 Tactical Knives Magazine issue. On the cover is the original Laser Stike. So, when Shon asked me the question, the answer was staring at me :)

Tony's a damn knife whore. It doesn't matter what it is, if the edge is sharp Tony will have one! :D

Glad to hear it is coming back, because I want one. Good looking blade.

I will have to pull serial number 001 from the closet and get the specs from it. It's been so long I can't remember what they were.

Dear Lord, what have I done?

No firm price, no final specs, no firm date they'll ship. That cover it Jeff?

no, no, I mean the original one.. guess I could google it but I'm multitasking enough as it is at the moment.. (just to lazy to be more honest)

Oooh, and it has a bowdrill divot. I'll take it!!

Or can I email Jeff and ask for a free 1! I promise to do a video review utilizing 22 "umms" and 11 "you know what I'm sayings" :p

what would be Funny ; being it was on the cover of TK Sept.2001 is if it was on the Cover of TK Sept 2011 :thumbup:

In that 10 year old thread Jeff said something like:

"So if you're going to buy this as a safe queen, please spend your money somewhere else."

Some things never change.

What can this new knife add to your line-up that isn't already covered by the ESEE3 through 5?

A 5-ish inch blade that isn't 1/4" thick like the 5, a completely different blade profile, scale ergonomics and just another option for user preference?

Back