last roll call of '06!

...HAPPY NEW YEAR TO THE BEST BUNCHA "BUD'S" I GUY COULD HAVE...be it next door or across the country...You guys are the BEST! ! !...

Happy New Year Darryl and to all my fellow patients in the cyber Betty Ford Buck Clinic!!!!!
L&R...
Goose.

OK...no decoder ring needed.
I was saying I don't have a "buddy list" cause , from the song, "I'm a loser baby. So why don't you kill me?".
Trax then stated that some ol' blue haired chick in a Caddy has got my number...just a matter of time.
I wrote that I don't need help messing up on my scoot.

And, my brethren, the pics are not from when I was rear ended recently. That recent event only did some road rash to my left knee and a slight bruise to my mug from hitting the mirror on my scoot as I was "push started" through the intersection.

The pics on this thread are from an incident I had about four years ago around Thanksgiving. I took a turn a bit too fast. Me and my Spam Blue scoot ended up in a ditch.

The bike bounced and right passenger footpeg went through my right leg between the bones. They thought I was toast cause I lost so much blood and then they thought I'd loose the leg from infection. Also had six fractures in the left foot. Hospital for about ten days. Bed ridden for about 3 months, except to use the bathroom...had to use a walker.

My mug is bruised from the chinstrap on my helmet. The half helmet was dragging on the road as I was sliding. Ended up hitting hard and was out. Helmet truly saved my life. I now wear a full face more often, but not as much as I probably should.

Bike was totalled. :(

Goose,

I took a look at those pic's before I took off......You are one tuff cookie brother :cool: Hows that leg doing now??? I bet you can tell when it's going to be cold outside before the weatherman. No drinken for me tonight after seeing your leg all tore up :eek: .

jb4570

hey goose
sure sorry to read about your accident , thats the first i heard of it
sure glad your ok though and didnt suffer the same fate as the bike (condolences on the bike)
thats why i will stick to my cage , its still not bulletproof but close as i can get

I was saying I don't have a "buddy list" cause , from the song, "I'm a loser baby. So why don't you kill me?".
Trax then stated that some ol' blue haired chick in a Caddy has got my number...just a matter of time.
I wrote that I don't need help messing up on my scoot.

My bad, then. I never heard the song...I thought you were just posting drunk... :( But those uncaring SOB's are out there; they'll turn right in front of you...they just *don't care!*... :grumpy:

The pics on this thread are from an incident I had about four years ago around Thanksgiving. I took a turn a bit too fast. Me and my Spam Blue scoot ended up in a ditch.

But you're alive. That's something. Several of my friends weren't so fortunate. Makes you wonder what's so special about us...Are we still here to set an example??? :confused: I had a friend go through chemotherapy thirteen years ago, there was a 8 and a 10 year old in the rooms next to him, also going through chemo. He made it; they didn't... :( Such a waste...

OK...no decoder ring needed.

I had one of those...It was in the mid to late '50's...Captain Midnight/Jet Jackson was big in the Saturday afternoon series "The Cliff Hanger Club"...I remember the decoder (was it a ring?) and decoding messages...either from TV, or maybe on cereal boxes...I just took a look on eBay for the decoder...there's a bunch of them, but none looked familiar...I don't really recall what it looked like now...

But I still remember my Froggie The Gremlin doll...*That* was way cool...and they go for big bucks on the Bay now... ;)

Thanks to all for their kind thoughts.
John, the leg is healed over but with an ugly scar. You see that pic with the gauze in it? I had to clean that out and pack it 2-3 times a day myself with saline and a Q-tip. Yum. That was the routine until it healed from the inside out.
BM10, yeah, unlike Chris Reeves, I was lucky enough to get back on my horse. But the first time I took that curb again, it was wierd. Still is, but the first time was really wierd.

TRAX!!!
You of all peeps here don't have any "my bad's" with me :thumbup:
I got skin thicker than Rosie O'Donnel's fem hair. Wasn't posting drunk. I seldom, if ever, really do that when here. I may have a few beers. But if I'm gettin' drunk, I'm focused on that quarterly initiative like a laser.
As for the cats turning right in front of ya. You're right. I've been hit twice.
And again, you are right, I don't know why I'm still here. I was in that same hospital emergency room three times within like a year and a half heading towards hell. The last time, for the wreck, they knew me as "Goose" and when peeps in the uniform du jour (leather, beards, etc) showed up, they didn't know my real name and the desk just sent them to my room. Not a good thing when your boss from your suit job shows up and you got a riding buddies in your room at 10am drinking a 6 pack LOL.

Then there's good guys like my Brother, Paul, never a harsh word or being dumb. Two weeks before this last Turkey Day, he clips a curb and is DOA.
No rhyme or reason as to why the Big Man keeps throwing us back Trax.
I wonder if it because I was a bigger AH in a previous life and this is my hell.
120143890-S.jpg

Sirusly, I mean this, since those hospital visits, I treasure life. I am truly blessed to have every minute preciously given me.
Every day is a good day.
Thanks Richard and God bless you and your's (to certainly include your friend that went through chemo), this year.

Thanks Richard and God bless you and your's (to certainly include your friend that went through chemo), this year.

He always was a grumpy old SOB. He's got a 9" long scar on his leg too - that's where they took the tissue to rebuild his throat from...I'll see if I can get a pic of it...we'll start a "longest/widest scar" contest...lol... :D :rolleyes: :barf:

Where is the teacher's aide when you need one?!?!?!
DAVE!!!!!

We need roll call for the first day of 2007 and keep it to compare who is present at the end of the year.

dave's home !
and awake
packing to go to florida...
gota take darryl his biteing 446
i also have afor real stuff small jar for him ..
but did he say he dont drink ??!??!!
at all???
omg ...what will i do with it?
it has already been cut so i cant kill
rats with it now...
did he realy say he dont drink?

dave's home !
and awake
packing to go to florida...
gota take darryl his biteing 446
i also have afor real stuff small jar for him ..
but did he say he dont drink ??!??!!
at all???
omg ...what will i do with it?
it has already been cut so i cant kill
rats with it now...
did he realy say he dont drink?

If he doesn't drink it Dave.....he can clean his knives with it and just inhale the fumes.

jb4570

...I figured I'd make up some stencils and do some "etching" of the blades after sand or walnut blasting of a few of 'em...That stuff should eat into the steel quite easily...Should leave a nice grey anodized appearing blade...LMBO...:D :D :p

Back