Latch release question

Hello all.This is gonna seem like a dumb one,but here goes.I got a tachyon recently and really like it.But what is the proper way to release the latch to deploy the blade?With the latch on the safe handle I can pop it off with my pinky,but then it sometimes gets in the way when I'm spinning the handles.With the latch on the bite handle(where I would prefer it) I find it difficult to pop it open because of the indents that hold the latch securely closed.What am I doing wrong?Or is this just the nature of the beast?Thanks for any advise.
Kevin

I'd say leave it on the bite handle and keep popping the latch until it's easier. I don't have a tach yet but I would figure that all you need to do is build up a little more finger strength.

Because of those indents in the mating handle that the latch settles into, Tachyon is a bit more difficult to unlatch. You can start by holding your Batangas-configured Tachyon as as if it was in a Manila configuration, popping the latch with your smallest finger, and then, before you start to manipulate it, just roll it over in your hand. Another good option is to drag the latch across something like the edge of your pant pocket which will catch on it and pop it for you. This is more difficult with Tachyon because the latch is rounded.

Other people may have some additional suggestions for you.

There is another suggestion. Try squeezing the handles together before you pop the latch. This will reduce the tension on the underside of the latch and free it a bit from the detent. Also, you don't have to squeeze it real hard, so you'll need to play with the setting until you find the perfect combination of low squeeze effort to provide just the right amount of looseness to the latch.

Back