• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Latest Botach horror story...

GJW

I got suckered in by their pre-4th of July sale and just couldn't help myself.

A big banner on their website explained that they were closing on 6/27 and wouldn't re-open until 7/9.
Fair enough.

I placed my order at 6:30am on 6/25.
Also on their website is the claim that all orders placed before 8:00am are shipped the same day so I figured I was safe.
Silly me!

I called them today and nothing has shipped yet.

I should have remembered my first experience.
I'd ordered some parts for my Surefire.
After a month of waiting I was told that the parts were out of stock.

"So why wasn't I notified?"

"Well, when we get internet orders for out of stock items we just throw the orders away."

That is actually what the guy on the phone told me!!
Though of course before throwing it away they charged my credit card.
That only took 2 more phone calls to correct.

Just another addition to the long line of screwups by Botach. I ordered some items from Botach and was told they would ship in a day or two (they billed my credit card right away, of course). 2 weeks later I phoned to see where my order was and no one could tell me if it had shipped out yet or not. Over the next two weeks I phoned several times and was given different ship dates each time. After one month had passsed, I was totally pissed at the non-arrival of my order and the continual lack of interest in helping me find it. I talked to the head of customer service, and after several conversations was given a complete refund on my order. And of course-the order never did arrive... Is it just possible they never even shipped it....nah-not possible... My advice...no matter how good the price looks it's not worth the frustration you'll have to endure dealing with Botach-give your business to someone who appreciates it and treats you like a valued customer:confused:

The sad part about all these horror stories,is that some people still order from them to save a few dollars.Anybody that orders from Botach knowing their reputation,I just can't have sympathy for them.The ones that are not aware of these business practices are the people I feel sorry for.This is a good place to run a search about a company before doing business.Anyhow;Thanks for sharing your unfortunate experience with us.Take Care,Ralph

I got in on that sale. I ordered a Brunton MNS for $319.00. Thier prices are so hard to beat!

I was expecting the MNS to ship after the 7/9 date. Got shipping confirmation on 7/5 and the package just arrived on 7/11. Maybe I just got lucky???

I have gotten great service and everything I've purchaced so far was correct. I just can't believe the problems everybody has been having. I've read all the bad post too about Botach, but still never experienced and issues.:confused:

Sorry to hear about this.

Back