Latest Cold Steel CPM3V awesomeness!

I just wanted to show off a few of my latest Cold Steel arrivals. Here I have the Cold Steel SRK, Recon Tanto and a Mini Pendleton Hunter, all in the newest CPM3V. I really do love Cold Steel's 3V and the DLC coating. Plus these beauties have some amazing edges on them from the factory. I can't wait to put them to work!

Last edited:
Very nice. Thanks for sharing with us, and enjoy 'em.

Those are some beautiful knives, UCPOPO! Please let us know how they perform.

-Steve

Yup
GOOD STUFF ! ! !

The handles are so useful in that Kray-Ex.
I really like that stuff.

I used to ignore the black blades as just for looks (or for stealth ) (and not so durable for daily use) but now that there is DLC I am reconsidering big time. I stumbled across a vid on YouTube about the uses of DLC in auto engine components etc. Near zero friction between coated parts. Impressive. Do you notice the lower friction when cutting say . . . card board or rope etc. ?

Here's the YouTube Vid.

I have had the hots to get some 3V. Just haven't chose one yet. Your thread is helping me with that.

QUESTION for you guys : Can one get a replacement sheath for these knives ? Any one had any experience trying to order one ?

To OP or anyone else: how is the edge holding up on any of your 3V CS fixed blades? What have you been doing with them anyway! I like 3V and I like CS designs, but still don't have any CS 3V and I'd love to see some use reports! You do use them, right ;) ?

Just ordered a SRK in 3V...i have the feeling that this knife is gonna be a winner 😀

Gesendet von meinem XT1562 mit Tapatalk

Just ordered a SRK in 3V...i have the feeling that this knife is gonna be a winner 😀

Ditto!! Saw a ridiculous deal on a 3V SRK and pounced on it today. Been waiting for this for a long while.

I have the Pendleton Hunter, Master Hunter and SRK in 3v. Im impressed with all 3. All came with a hair shaving perfect edge.
I dressed a boar with my Pendleton and did some cross batoning and batoning and it is still sharp as hell.\
I havent used the Master Hunter and only did some carving with the SRK but the steel quality so far has been great and the edge sharpness and retention is awesome.

Just received my new SRK in 3v. Beautiful knife. And with the bright SRK logo I like it even better than the older all black versions.
Like all my Cold Steel 3v blades the blade arrived covered in grease to prevent the steel from rusting.

There is also some grease on the Kraton fingerguard. Does this have any negative effect on the handle material? I heard that certain oil/grease can damage rubberlike material

Last edited:
Back