Photos Latest Knife Gift Giving

We've got threads about acquisitions, carrying, knives, steels, and pictures of knives with every manner of creature or object, but no threads I've seen about the latest knives you've gifted to people around you. It's something I do a lot (got to make room for more knives) and I know a bunch of others give away knives too. Tell us about the latest knive(s) you've given away.

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of the latest two knives I gave away, because they predate when I took pics of new acquisitions (can't really go asking for them back to take pictures of them...). This picture is from a while ago, featuring some Jokers: the Ember is a lot like the Nordico, but with a thicker handle and a bit wider/thicker blade.

The latest gifts of knives I've made in the last couple weeks are:

A CRKT CEO to my lady, who won't carry the nice knife I gave her for her birthday, because she doesn't want to lose it.

A Joker Nordico to my foster daughter, who is moving out to the more affordable hills further from the city. It'll fit her hands better than mine and get a lot more use (given I have a lot more knives to choose from). I prefer the larger handled Joker Ember.

51755574530_dc06cc88ee_b.jpg

I've gifted a few.

Last summer for their birthdays I gave my father and cousin each a Kershaw Launch 8. After my dad died, I gave his to my brother-in-law.

Over the past 8 years I gave my dad a few, a Case golf knife at my wedding, a lionsteel opera, and my Jerry Fisk sharpened Becker BK-5. All are mine again...

In addition to the Launch, I've given my cousin an engraved SAK super tinker, a Kershaw leek, and a blue Hogue Deka wharncliffe. He's more like a brother than a cousin.

Gave one cousin a Kershaw Blur and another a Spyderco endura wave.

Gave an Esee zancudo as a graduation gift yo my fathers best friends son upon graduation from high school.

Little 2 blade engraved Buck folders to my groomsmen.

Cabelas exclusive orange Benchmade mini barrage d2 coated blade yo my ex father-in-law.

Kershaw Emerson to my cousin-in-law.

I was at a buddy’s house recently tasting whiskeys, and when I opened his silverware drawer I saw that his butter knives were all the exact design of an old ivory handled steak knife that I’d purchased as a kitchen knife maybe 12 years ago (although his were modern, had plastic handles, and dull stainless blades).

I cleaned it up a bit, gave it a new edge and gave it to him to rule over his butter knives. :)

E564AEA5-9498-46FB-BE54-14BF9292E8D8.jpeg1A597D92-CDE5-48C6-A925-BF00829B9CA3.jpeg
6718A785-0480-4E84-8787-53FA4A1BFBE1.jpeg

I gave my brother a 112 Slim to replace the Magnum liner lock he was carrying. Life's too short to make your fingers short with a cheap knife.
zlZzUSyl.jpg

I am finding mine was sharp right from the box and the 420HC is fine for everyday use. I got the green one for myself and the black for my daughter, I needed a little color.👍

Back