Latest Knife "NoNews" from California Legislature

And the latest knife news from the CA Legislature seems to be ... no news.

Specifically, the Y2K session ended yesterday by constitutional deadline, in chaos with some high-stakes bills on health care and such getting killed in a last-minute computer crash, and no action of any kind on switchblades.

A keyword search on "switchblade" at www.leginfo.ca.gov yielded one bill on community colleges that included "switchblade" in an existing statute's unaltered list of "deadly weapons" restricted from college propery, and nothing else.

If there was any attempt to amend any bill to tinker with the wording of Section 653K of the CA Penal Code, as discussed at some length earlier this year here and in the Politics forum, it didn't make it out of committee. I guess the Legislature had better (or worse) things to do than give the authorities new verbiage to puzzle over when looking at a one-hand knife.

------------------
- JKM
www.chaicutlery.com
AKTI Member # SA00001

Thank GOD(s)(esses)(whatever
smile.gif
).

I've got an idea. Jeff Greene is a staff member for State Senator Ray Haynes, a strong RKBA supporter. Jeff sends out regular "bill watchlists" to the CA-Firearms mailing list contain the bill numbers, description, current "real status" and either a "support", "watch" or "oppose" recommendation. Really good stuff. I'm going to see if he'll add cutlery-related bills to his list...gun people are nearly always knife people too, to some degree.

The weekly (when the legicritters are plotting err I mean "in session") Greene list also goes to all the NRA Member's Councils.

Jim

Back