Kershaw Launch 13

K.O.D.

Driving the expletive train
Platinum Member
Just when I think I've lost the knife bug for the time being, Kershaw drops this. I love the wharncliffe!

The saving grace for my wallet is that at the moment it's only available in black, and homie don't play that.

I'm hoping for red or green in the future, or Knife gods willing purple.

Anyone else liking this knife?

Last edited:
Not my style but I'm itching to snag an 11.

tenor.gif

Not my style either. I'm not a fan of the cut outs in handles for some reason.

If I had to pick a Launch knife, I'd pick the 6 followed by the 7.

Mine should be arriving tomorrow. I’ll let you know if it meets or exceeds expectations.

Just when I think I've lost the knife big for the time being, Kershaw drops this. I love the wharncliffe!

The saving grace for my wallet is that at the moment it's only available in black, and homie don't play that.

I'm hoping for red or green in the future, or Knife gods willing purple.

Anyone else liking this knife?
They are talking about the Launch 13 over in the automatic forum/thread too. Maybe can pick up some additional information there. https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/new-kershaw-launch-13.1754790/

It looks cool but I like my 11. It's my favorite kershaw.

The blade shape of the 11 is ideal for me. Pretty much perfect, in fact. Not quite a wharncliffe, but with some belly to make it more versatile. I mean, I love my CF/M390 Bareknuckle, but believe it or not 3.5 inches of blade is pushing it for me - it feels like it's too much to be "honest" as a tool and bordering on mall ninja fantasy. That's just my personal feelings. The Launch 11 though seems an ideal size for me, although the irony of being an auto is not lost on me.

How do the handles hold up? Does the anodization appear to be HAIII or is it less durable? I'm gonna get one either way, but I'm curious. I don't mean to hijack this thread's topic about the Launch 13, but this question is still relevant, having the same materials across the Launch line.

The blade shape of the 11 is ideal for me. Pretty much perfect, in fact. Not quite a wharncliffe, but with some belly to make it more versatile. I mean, I love my CF/M390 Bareknuckle, but believe it or not 3.5 inches of blade is pushing it for me - it feels like it's too much to be "honest" as a tool and bordering on mall ninja fantasy. That's just my personal feelings. The Launch 11 though seems an ideal size for me, although the irony of being an auto is not lost on me.

How do the handles hold up? Does the anodization appear to be HAIII or is it less durable? I'm gonna get one either way, but I'm curious. I don't mean to hijack this thread's topic about the Launch 13, but this question is still relevant, having the same materials across the Launch line.
I cant speak to the durability of the handle coating. I haven't carried it very long but would assume it will wear around the edges first with time. The pocket clip is just painted and so it scratches off readily.

The ano on my 8 has been equally as tough as my Twist Tighe, Exploit, etc. I have one small nick in it.

It’s ugly just like a lot of the other crap they have been putting out lately.

They need to hire some new designers.

It’s ugly just like a lot of the other crap they have been putting out lately.

They need to hire some new designers.

Yeah... 'cuz Anso, Diskin, Emerson, Galyean, George, Hawk, Hinderer, Martin, Onion, Rexford and Sinkevich just ain't up to snuff anymore.

For some, I guess.

They're doing fine by me though. I really like the Launch 8.

That wharncliffe blade shape is one of my favorites. I think it looks like a sick little slicer.

Aesthetically speaking, I really like the lines and the cutouts in the handle. The design language is progressive and I appreciate it.

I'm planning to pick one up as soon as I can. I own several Launches and am extremely happy with all of them. Kershaw is still kicking butt, as far as I'm concerned. I'll support them with my stimulus dollars...

Klingon Bat'leth-ic, if made small and foldable and with one cutting edge, only. I like it.

Back