How To Lb treatment/fuller ?

This new Forsaken BM has got me thinking.
Has anyone ever tried to do an LB treatment themselves?

Yes, I’m sure it may void some part of warranty. But I’m not worried about that.

Was just curious if anyone has tried it , or maybe just a fuller themselves. I would think the set up would be the hardest part. And making a jig with some pins to fit talon holes for securing knife while milling work.(I bet that’s what they are for in the first place!)
Would love to see some pics if someone has done it before. Thanks.

The set up as you say would be fairly simple but tooling hardened steel can be a pain in the @$$. Then again I'm not a machinist either.

It could be done, we machine 46100 armor (amongst other materials) and it is roughly mid 50's hrc. The flame cut areas get even harder. All in all, for someone with access to cad/cam software and machines it wouldn't be that hard.

:eek:Lol. I agree about it messing with structural integrity. I would definitely practice on some other makers first!! Thanks for your advice!!

Wonder if structural integrity is compromised in the "Skeleton" series of knives as the Warden's?

Why mess with Perfection ? Lol now if the Custom Shop was open.... that' whole different story...
But that' just my .02

Wonder if structural integrity is compromised in the "Skeleton" series of knives as the Warden's?

All of that work is done prior to heat treating. Our knives go through a heating and cooling protocol that relieves any stresses that may have been introduced during the machining process. After that is complete, they THEN go through the full heat treating process. . . .

So, there is no doubt that nearly all steels CAN be machined AFTER they have been hardened, the question that needs to be answered is whether or not they should be.:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused:o_Oo_O

With our knives, the answer is "No".

Let's Drink!:thumbsup:

Jerry:D

You could, without knowing it, be messing with the structural integrity of your knife. :eek::confused:o_O

I do not recommend this for our knives. :thumbsdown:

For other maker's knives?. . . . Great idea!. . . Do that! :eek:o_O:confused:;)

Let's Drink!:cool:

Jerry:D

I don't drink light beer. I don't need a light Busse. :cool:

I don't drink light beer. I don't need a light Busse. :cool:

I don't mind the heft at all on most of my Busse knives, but the TGSE has me jonesing to try a TGLB. I'll trade you straight up if you have one and found it doesn't suit your taste. :p

Back