LC200N, very small run, all spots taken

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Full sheets are not currently available to me, but this is such a great steel, so at this time, I am still looking at putting together a very small run of LC200N, aka Z-FiNit, aka Cronidur 30 blades. In my experience this tough, completely rustproof steel is awesome, especially as hardened by Jarod Todd, whom I plan to use for heat treatment again. The piece I am looking at bringing in is 23" x 2" wide, and just under 1/8" thick. One 8" knife is most likely spoken for already, leaving room for two more of the same size, or one machete/chopper.

My experience with the steel and similarly tough stainless (namely AEB-L), as well as the charts from Knifesteelnerds and observations from users and makers alike suggest to me that LC200N will excel in hard use roles such as a chopper or machete, and as far as I know, this will be the first opportunity anyone has had to own one in this steel. If interested in this or a smaller knife in LC, please get in touch via PM or email, and we can discuss your build.

Thanks!

Cost wise.....how does it compare to other steels?

VAGUE pricing, obviously depending on handle materials and level of finish.
Small, 8 inch, and machete?
I know from experience....with you. The price will be worth it for whomever buys!
Thank you.

One spot is officially taken. Room left for one big knife, or two smaller ones.

Back