Leather Art

Wow. Some of those look photo-realistic. He's calling it etching but, on his site it looks like all he is doing is scraping to different depths with different tools.

I hope it's for real. :)

Might it be one of those....if it looks too good to be true.......??

If it's the real deal, I call it fantastic!!

The scale is deceptively simple, back in college we did large scale stuff using an over head projector. You get up close an almost all detail is gone, but back a distance and it becomes almost photographic. Those were fun times. :)

Would be an expensive medium, but the wow factor is definitely there. He appears to be quite the showman though, the poses are pretty dramatic.

I bet the pics of him with those goofy knives are just PR pics. He likely has a ton of specialized tools.

TF

Color me doubtful-----There is no way that he could do work on leather in such detail with a knife of that size and balancing on a step ladder. If this were factual work he would be well known amongst leather craftsmen. Could this be a hoax?

Color me doubtful-----There is no way that he could do work on leather in such detail with a knife of that size and balancing on a step ladder. If this were factual work he would be well known amongst leather craftsmen. Could this be a hoax?

Hey, sandy, good to see you back.

I would have posted on this thread earlier, but my BS alarm was going off so loudly I couldn't hear to type.

Paul

Back