Leather working question

May be the wrong forum but...........Would any of you fine guys and gals know what tooling was used on the field of this sheath? or any advice how to replicate?
Thanks Jerry Camp knife sheath.jpg

you could make something like that with a piece of steel cutoff and a rotary tool

Yes its a backgrounder. There are many type and patterns. Standard ones that get pretty close to this are cobblestone, bubbles and certain weaves and mattes. Lots of different suppliers have them. Check Barry King, Weaver leather, Springfield leather and Tandy for a start.

Last edited:
Thank you.
I am new to the sheath making game and wasn't sure if that was a specific tool simply hammered into the leather or a rotary tool like stippling a pistol frame.
Thanks Jerry

Thank you.
I am new to the sheath making game and wasn't sure if that was a specific tool simply hammered into the leather or a rotary tool like stippling a pistol frame.
Thanks Jerry
Ya bet Jerry! Welcome to sheaths and such. We can answer bout most questions for ya on leather working, sheath making etc.

also while I am at it
What size rivets do those appear to be. And where would you recommend buying them?
Thanks Jerry

12 gauge Copper rivet and burs you will need those a setter, ballpeen hammer and a pair of cutters.

Both Tandy Leather and Springfield Leather sell them. Probably other places as well. Just search for copper rivets.

O.B.

Back