Leatherman Charge Fans?

Any other people using the Leatherman Charge?

I have had a number of different Leatherman tools over the years and I think the Charge is just awesome!

I alway's carry a Sharpie
and now I carry one of the new Mini Sharpies in the side pouch next to my Charge. Its fits perfectly. :)

I replaced my umbrella with an XTi, so I guess you could say that I'm a fan. .

OOh, good tip on the Sharpie!

I really wanted the XTi and am not a fan of multi-tool scissors, so I keep a micra in the side pocket. Will have to try the sharpie though.

The Charge is simply awesome. It has been with me everyday since I bought it in January. I have had several leathermans, but this is obviously the best.

I love mine!

never failed me/wont allow itself to fail me!!!!!:eek:

I'm a fan - carry it everyday. I have a 1xAAA Maglite in the side pouch.

I am looking for a powerfull LED light to replace the Maglite, so any suggestions would be appriciated.

Regards
Claus

Mr.Turnip said:
I am looking for a powerfull LED light to replace the Maglite, so any suggestions would be appriciated.

You might take a look at the Led-Lenser V8 Turbo. I've been carrying one for a year now and I can say that it is
much brighter than the Maglite Solitair I had in the past.

v8turbo_579.jpg

P.S. I'm a Charge fan too. It's great (as can be expected looking at the price point). The Charge Ti replaced my Wave some time ago.

Yep, I carry and use mines every day. My view of the Charge overall is that it is an extrememly well made and equally well thought out work piece ~ superb.

Here's a few things I like, even over the Wave ,which I thought was very good in the 4-5 years I carried it;

-The opening and closing is now on PB washers, it's very smooth :)
-The four outer tools are more freely opened and closed. On the Wave the blades were tight, even after years of use
-The 154cm blade holds an edge better
-The locking feature on the inner attachments is useful, how many times did the screwdriver not fold down whilst in use on the Wave :(
-The pliers seem harder and stronger
-There is a wide variation available on the bits and drivers, just fit them in
-I can carry these extra tools in the pouch, especially the Torx for knife adjustments
-I can attach it to my fishing waders, or any clothes, with the removable ring clip, and just squeeze off the clip off for use, that's really handy for me.

The only thing I notice about it which was better on the Wave are the size of the scissors, the Charge ones are about half the size :rolleyes: But they are sharp, very sharp. I'd have purchased an Xti, but I use these a lot.

I think that it's well worth buying

Mark :)

Edited to add....I forgot about the pouch :footinmou I have a nylon one. It has a space for the bits clip inside and two stretchy outside spaces with grab lugs. I carry a torch in one and a pair of tweezers & shortened oval shaped carpentry pencil in the other one. Useful, too :D

Mr.Turnip said:

Regards
Claus

Go for the soon to be released LRI Proton !!! http://www.equipped.org/pp/pic10068.htm

Check out the lengthy discussion on this new (and exciting :)) torch over at CandlePower ..... http://www.candlepowerforums.com/...umber=873199&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

PS - Yes the Charge is IMO the best Multi available right now !!! I never leave home without it :D

Mr.Turnip said:
You'd like one of these:
http://peakledsolutions.com/aaa_3LEDL.html
The "Ultra Power" version is freakin' *brite*. I have an older one, not as bright, and it still rocks! :cool:

The LRI Proton looked good when it was first previewed, but a rep from the manufacturer over at CandlePowerForums.com says they had to back off from the Nichia Jupiter LED, as Nichia can't produce the damn things. It'll still be released this summer, but with 6 conventional LEDs, putting out about 75-80% as much light as they originally planned. It'll still be a good light, but not as good as that Equipped.org review. Oh, and it might be a bit big for those side pockets in the LM sheath, too...

Yup .... but I thought the Jupiter problem would eventually be solved and they will release the improved (60 Lumen) version soon after ..... or am I wrong :(

Got my xti last week and it is by the far the best multi-tool I've owned in a while. Now when and if I get deployed I have 3 knives that are coming with me and this is definitely on the list. Love the setup of the tools. Anybody ever though of sticking just the hone from one of those diamond collapsible hones in those little pockets?

Have owned a bunch of other multi-tools in the past before getting charge xti and just occured to me today it is the first I can think that would be a passable self -defense instrument, nice clip style blade which is easily and quickly accessable,locks well, and fits the hand. Not that others can't in a pinch I would definitely not choose them as my first option.

Mr.Turnip said:

Regards
Claus
try a surefire flashlight, some only last an hour but I bought the g2 and I have not been let down its the best for the money.

sollie said:
try a surefire flashlight, some only last an hour but I bought the g2 and I have not been let down its the best for the money.
Isn't it too big to fit in the side pouch :confused:

Do you have a link - where I can see some specs?

Regards
Claus

cmg_sonic.jpg

Mr.Turnip said:

Regards
Claus

Claus, slightly off topic but I suggest you get a Gerber Sonic to replace the AAA mag. I got one thats a CMG (Gerber bought CMG so it was selling for $5.) I thought what the hell, its $5.00 Man the performance is fantastic. I used it camping and I couldnt beleive the throw and spread of the light. Highly recomended as a keychain or MT companion light.

Oh I love my XTI too :)

review : http://flashlightreviews.com/reviews/cmg_sonic.htm

Back