Leatherman Charge Saw Blade

Anyone else find the saw blade on the Charge to be really flimsy? It's about half the thickness of the 2 knife blades. Maybe they made it that way because a saw should be flexable, but I don't know, it seems really cheap to me. Anyone else feel this way? :(

the saw seems alright to me, but I have never used the saw before, so I wouldn't know. Hope someone with sawing experiance will help us.

Lil Timmy said:
Anyone else find the saw blade on the Charge to be really flimsy? It's about half the thickness of the 2 knife blades. Maybe they made it that way because a saw should be flexable, but I don't know, it seems really cheap to me. Anyone else feel this way? :(

The Charge saw is about the same thickness as the ones on my Supertool and Swisschamp. All work great, the Charge best of all. It is probably at optimum thickness for its purpose, not cheap at all.

if it was twice thicker, it would require to cut twice more wood, and require twice more energy.
I've never heard about a multitool saw breaking, so I guess it's the good thickness.

I have several Leatherman's to include the Charge and the Saw's work great, I tested them against a Vic Rucksack Saw and the Leathermans performed better.

Mine cuts like a banshee, whatever that is. The lock is tight and positive and makes fast cuts... no worries here!

Saws on multi tools tend to be on the thin side so they require less work to cut, and fit better amongst the other tools.

An important thing to note is that the saw implement may be tempered to less hardness than the knife blades, so they will be less likely to snap when flexed slightly (i.e. in case the saw binds on a push stroke), and you can get away with a thinner blade.

Or they could also be made thinner so that the 'set' of the teeth is wider than the blade itself, which keeps the saw from binding...

In any case, I wouldn't be concerned, as most multitool saws are about the same thickness and they all seem to work well (some are more efficient due to a better tooth design).

Back