Leatherman Core

Has anyone picked up the new Leatherman Core yet? (yes - they are shipping and I have one on the way). If so, care to share any comments about this tool?

Thanks - Joe

Sure Joe. I got mine on Monday from knifecenter. I love it and prefer it to my ST200. The locks are much easier to use, the plier head is definately beefier while still having a good tip. Other pluses:
1. awl is far superior to ST200 but would say inferior to Swisstool. I will need to thin it out just a little at the tip for best function.
2. love the no-clumping
3. better serrated blade, especially the tip.
4. hollow ground screwdrivers rock

The extra weight doesn't bother me as I don't carry the big multis often.
Adam

It would be really cool if you could do a review and alot of pics of your Core since so far you are the only person that has one at this time.

Thanks,

is ST 200 going to be replaced? The last time i checked, LM still had it in their site.

But this is what I have read on other sites, LM will drop the Super tool 200 when the Core and Surge are out there. I think that will be a smart move since the Core will be around the same price but will be overall a better tool.

I will wait to buy until the black oxide finish version comes out, It had happen to me that I buy the stainless steel version then I regret because the black oxide finish came out. Happen to me with the Wave, the blast, the supertool 200 and swisstools.

RickJ, sorry just moving into my first house and I can't find my dig cam among other stuff.

Shootist, I got the leather sheath. It's the usual riveted leather with button snap. I generally prefer button snap over the small patch of velcro that most vertical mount nylon sheaths have.

My Wave 2004 came with a hybrid leather/nylon sheath that has the pockets on the side and back. It's kind of bulky so I use the sheath from my old Blast.
Adam

I know things can get crazy with work and home, I am getting a Core soon, I think it will be here on tuesday so I may do a small write up on it then. I can post pictures but for some reason I can't do it! I hope to fix the problem soon.

I have a core on the way. Looking forward to it getting here. How are you guys that have them like'em? They don't seem to be getting much press.

First off as I set up north out of the Hurricanes path, I want to say that my prayers are with all those that have lost so much in the last few days. May God bless them and help them overcome this hardship.

I got my Core today from Knifeworks.com out of the state of LA, I hope all of them are OK. This was my first time buying from them and from start to finish they were great. If they are still in business, and I hope they are, they are great to deal with.

If you like the size and strength of the Supertool 200, you will fall in love with the Core. I compared both of them together and by far I prefer the Core! The Core is heavier than the Supertool 200 but all the blades are longer than the blades on the ST. The awl on the Core is awesome! very sharp point, the saw blade has about a half inch more teeth on it than the ST does. Another thing you will notice is the massive plier head on the Core! but it comes to a very small point, this is the best pliers I have ever seen on a Multi tool.

If I were putting the ST 200 and Core on a scale of 1-10, the ST 200 would be a 4 and the Core would be a 9. You can really feel that 10.8 ounces of the Core. I don't know if a human could handle the 12.2 ounces of the Surge! but I still plan on getting one. And I hope it is from Knifeworks.com.

Back