Leatherman FUSE OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM

Tango44 said:
Does any body know Where can I buy one of this on line?
I copy the link from ebay...of course there a no more from the this seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Leatherman-FUSE...172625705QQcategoryZ66824QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:confused: What I see is a regular Leatherman Fuse package with a label pasted on it says OIC. Perhaps I don't understand the collector impulse, but why in the world would such a thing be in demand? It's not that the tool is engraved, or is anything other than a regular sample of what is in plentiful supply at Target or wherever. What gives????

Stone Knife said:
There IS a label on the sheath. :confused:
Another auction

Right you are, but is this Leatherman tool any more a commemorative piece? I still don'r see why anyone would be hot to buy into what to looks to me a marketing ploy. But as previously acknowledged, I am a stranger to the collector impulse.

Didn't a while ago Leatherman was flamed for being "anti Bush" during the elections? Maybe Leatherman is trying to win back some of it's customers by making a shealth that supports Operation Iraqi Freedom (most pro Bushers are also pro occupation of Iraq).

LongDistance said:
Didn't a while ago Leatherman was flamed for being "anti Bush" during the elections? Maybe Leatherman is trying to win back some of it's customers by making a shealth that supports Operation Iraqi Freedom (most pro Bushers are also pro occupation of Iraq).

Maybe, but that hasn't been an issue since last year and there would be no reason now for Leatherman to bring it up in any form. I think the OIC package is for marketing and not public realations. Not too many people in the world at large even knew of or cared about Leatherman's politics. Multitools are sold to such a wide market that any boycott by diehard knifeguy Bush supporters would have more a symbolic than financial effect, certainly far less than Asian competition.

Not to start anything here but I see this as a total Mea Culpa by Leatherman. They took a stand, they lost, they took their lumps and now are trying to regain some of the support they lost by issuing a "coolectors model". It would be interesting to know if they're sending tools to the troops like some other makers....too much to hope for from an outed liberal I suppose :rolleyes:

Ok I want it but it seems that I can only buy from ebay, I dont want to buy from them, do you know where I can get it on line.

I don't believe opposing Bush automatically makes anybody "Liberal".
Bumper sticker slogans make a poor substitute for reasoned thought.

Anyway it seems like the sheath is the only thing that makes this different from ordinary models.

To be honest if the tool works for you then use it , i wouldnt care if it was forged in the fires of hell by the devil himself aslong as it performed when i need it

I got one at my local exchange a couple months back. The tool itself is actually engraved Operation Iraqi Freedom. I only got mine because I am an O.I.F. vet.

Other than engraving,sheath , and packaging it's no different from the regular version.

thebladerunr said:
I got one at my local exchange a couple months back. The tool itself is actually engraved Operation Iraqi Freedom. I only got mine because I am an O.I.F. vet.

Other than engraving,sheath , and packaging it's no different from the regular version.

Just curious...did you buy it because of the OIF packaging, or was that what the PX had in stock?

Back