Leatherman-induced EDC dillema....

Why oh why did I purchase a Leatherman Blast? it's made my EDC carrying choices both easier and more difficult at the same time....

here's what i mean...

i'm a "form follows function" kinda' guy, i value pure functionality over cosmetics and flashy graphics and such, the Leatherman is pure functionality, i could EDC *just* the leatherman and it would satisfy all my EDC needs, there'd be no need to carry my multiple Spydercos (typical Spydie EDC is Cricket, Harpy, and maybe the Dodo as well, the Jester on my keyring really does't count towards the total though...)

so, i have essentially "wasted" money on my knife collection (no, i'm *not* selling them ;) ) as i'd have no *need* to carry them, i really don't "need" the latest Übersteel blades, the Leatherman and the Vic. Spartan Lite (for a backup knife) would be all i really "need" for EDC, i don't do anything that majorly stresses a blade....

that said, i still like my other knives, and don't plan to sell them, i'll just hold onto them and carry them anyway, still, that said, i could easily get away with the Leatherman and a backup blade for EDC, there's something to be said for the feel of a finely crafted folding knife that the Leatherman can't match

so, how to pair up my Blast with another knife.....

i think i'd have a basic EDC setup of Blast and Spydie Cricket (the Cricket is too cool to leave behind, and takes up almost no space, can shove it in the wallet worst-case), then vary the third knife based on mood....

today, the setup is;
Blast, Cricket, Harpy....
tomorrow will probably be Blast, Cricket, Dodo.....

why didn't you guys tell me Leatherman tools were so cool, pure functionality....

i think part of my indifference to multitools was that my previous multi was a Gerber Multi-Plier with the "switchblade" style snap-open, the whole tool was a loose, rattle-prone mess, i was rather underwhelmed with it's performance, i therefore assumed all multitools had that rattle-y feel and was in no hurry to replace the Gerber when i lost it in a move...

Just choose one, and be done with it. Spend to much time on these things and you'll go crazy. Trust me...*eye twitches*

-[digidude]

Back