Leatherman Micra Sheath

I have a Micra that I really love. But I hate carring it in my pocket. I've seen the key ring sheaths for the Micra, but I don't usally carry my keys in my pocket during the day. I usally keep my keys in my Bag-O-Junk. So that won't work for me.

Does anyone know where I can find a belt sheath for the Micra? I've even thought of having one made from something like Kydex with a belt clip. Anybody got any ideas????

I would recommend Normark too, but he's pretty backlogged right now. If Normark can't do it, then you may want to try this guy. The pic shows a SuperTool, but I'm sure he could make one for a Micra.

i would recommend you go to lowes and buy a heat gun. they are like 20-25 bucks. then go to texasknife.com and buy a sheet of kydex for 4 dollars.

sure, this is kind of expensive for just a micra sheath. but think about ALL the other stuff you could conveniently start clipping to your belt!

Midget said:
i would recommend you go to lowes and buy a heat gun. they are like 20-25 bucks. then go to texasknife.com and buy a sheet of kydex for 4 dollars.

sure, this is kind of expensive for just a micra sheath. but think about ALL the other stuff you could conveniently start clipping to your belt!

I never would have thought of that. I may do just that. When you say "heat gun" I assume you mean the thing that's like a super hot blow dryer? I've never done anything like that before. So correct me if I'm wrong. Using my Micra as a mold, I heat it and bend it over and over until gets to the shape I want?

Texasknife.com has instructions too. They sell some brass rivets with a punch for folding them over too. That runs about 10 for the kit. You'll also need a drill and it seems a 1/4 inch bit for the holes for the rivets.

Phil

yup yup.

heat guns are like hot hairdryers, something like that. like this, but cheaper.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000077CPS/103-0239571-6100600?v=glance

it takes some practice, and helps if you have easy access to a bandsaw (i cut with my dremel, and it's kind of a pain. i'm just learning about this, though).

you use the micra as just a mold and press down over it with the kydex until it forms/hardens up. it helps to have a slab of rubber or foam or something to help you squeeze down on the mold, too.

texasknife will have everything you need.

who knows? maybe instead of asking for rigs, you'll be making rigs for other people. if i get good enough at this, that's what i'm going to start doing.

ZENGHOST said:
I would recommend Normark too, but he's pretty backlogged right now.

You're not kidding. I have not been able to reach him. He's gotta be busy.

He's backlogged for custom work until "probably mid june". I talk to him when I manage to catch him online in chat. When I made a trade with him in early febuary he had a backlog of roughly 500 pieces. He's finally gotten to my sheath in his orders.

If you can wait a few months till he's taking orders again it's worth it.

Do you wear pants with a change pocket? If so, keep it in there.

I actually rotate things in that pocket. Sometimes it's the Micra, Juice, Delica or sometime I even put change in there.

I like the rotation bit myself. I try carrying items in different pockets and see how I like the arrangement.

The last time I was rotating things in my pocket I got arrested for lewd behaviour.

I may have found a fix for what I 'm looking for. I saw a pic on another thread about multi-tools(I can't remember which) that gave me an idea. I have one of the wallets that has a chain on it, but I didn't like the chain so I took it off. I took the clip that hooks to the beltloop and put it on the key chain thing. I hook it to a beltloop and tuck it under my belt. Or I can clip it to my keychain, bag, etc. I've only been carrying it this way a day or so, but so far I like it!!!!!

Back