Leatherman PST questions

Just got a PST. I believe it is an older model, even though it is brand new. The pliers do not have the “hard wire cutter” notch in them and the Phillips screwdriver works toward the closing side of the pivot instead of the opening side. Do you think this would have any collector value? If not, can the Phillips be replaced with a newer style from another tool? I would also replace the file with the diamond variety, if I did take apart the tool. Could this be done as well? Thanks for any input.

I believe the PST is riveted.

They aren't made any more, so seems like they will at least hold their value. The "patent pending" PST's are more historically interesting than are the later production ones (to me anyway).

I think you should leave it alone and put it in your display case! ;)

I dont think you can replace the philips. If I were you Id sell the PST and bu y something better. :)

I used the original PST for many years- wired half a house with it plus many other jobs. But I would not recommend it anymore because of the lack of locks on the blades- the phillips screwdriver will keep collapsing on you time after time and the main blade is also a hazard when it collapses.

I would recommend a used Pulse on Ebay. It's the same tool but with locking blades and a darn good scissors. No awl. Nice balance and beefed up pliers w hardwire notch.

Back