Leatherman question

Gizler00

Gold Member
So I always edc a leatherman squirt ps4 in addition to a dedicated blade that I carry. The other day, my son asked me to help remove some supports from a 3d print he finished. I grabbed my trusty squirt and started working away. Then…. All of the sudden with a slight twisting motion, the entire half of the jaw broke off…. I was kind of shocked since there was not much force being applied. I’m more upset at myself than anything else. I knew at that moment I screwed up…

Anyway…….

My question is……if I send this in, what are they going to send back? I know that the squirt ps4 is discontinued. Which is a huge bummer since I feel it’s the best bottom of the pocket multi tool edc.

Will they send a micra? Not real fond of those.

I will try to get pictures up.

Thats a bummer. I think I seen another post a while back where in the same scenario they sent back a micra.

I'd personally hunt down a replacement on ebay. Or a Gerber dime might be a close in size replacement

I’d also suggest looking for a slightly used one on the usual websites. I doubt it’s been discontinued long enough for them to become scarce.

Thanks everyone! I did find a juice on the exchange. I was afraid of the micra being the replacement. There are definitely quite a few squirt ps4’s on the bay. I just might have to pick one up.

They Will definitely send you a Micro. Thats what they did when my wife broke the file on her squirt. In my book, a VERY bogus move. Send in a plier tool and return a scissor tool? Nah, I've lost faith in Leatheman. They've gotten way to profit obsessed with discontinuing any small item that is not a big money maker and concentrating on the bigger more expensive tools. If they want to ignore an entire market, then I'll just go get a SAK with pliers. Or buy a SAK multitool.

I did go get a spare squirt at a gun show where the guy had one in very good shape for 15 dollars. So at least I have a spare. And you're right, the squirt is the best bottom of the pocket tool around.

They Will definitely send you a Micro. Thats what they did when my wife broke the file on her squirt. In my book, a VERY bogus move. Send in a plier tool and return a scissor tool? Nah, I've lost faith in Leatheman. They've gotten way to profit obsessed with discontinuing any small item that is not a big money maker and concentrating on the bigger more expensive tools. If they want to ignore an entire market, then I'll just go get a SAK with pliers. Or buy a SAK multitool.

I did go get a spare squirt at a gun show where the guy had one in very good shape for 15 dollars. So at least I have a spare. And you're right, the squirt is the best bottom of the pocket tool around.
It's only because the squirt is discontinued and the micra is the next like size tool

Thats a bummer. I think I seen another post a while back where in the same scenario they sent back a micra.

I'd personally hunt down a replacement on ebay. Or a Gerber dime might be a close in size replacement
I don't know how much they were when they were in production but new and sealed squirts on ebay are .. squirting towards wave prices

I've lost faith in Leatheman. They've gotten way to profit obsessed with discontinuing any small item that is not a big money maker and concentrating on the bigger more expensive tools. If they want to ignore an entire market, then I'll just go get a SAK with pliers. Or buy a SAK multitool.

They're based in Portland Oregon. They live in a bubble. That's what Portland is. It's really bad there. I had some extensive personal experience with it several years back. There is a really snobby arrogant world view permeating everything. I imagine that things have only become worse.

It's sad that they haven't moved headquarters to some other area that's more business friendly. But I guess they just love Portland that much.

They're based in Portland Oregon. They live in a bubble. That's what Portland is. It's really bad there. I had some extensive personal experience with it several years back. There is a really snobby arrogant world view permeating everything. I imagine that things have only become worse.

It's sad that they haven't moved headquarters to some other area that's more business friendly. But I guess they just love Portland that much.
It's the political climate there, without saying anything more. The arc is the latest in a line of money grabbing with the magnacut knife blade. People want big powerful gorilla strength pliers and long sharp knives in a heavy solid steel package, the squirt and micra are Keychain cutsies.

It's the political climate there, without saying anything more. The arc is the latest in a line of money grabbing with the magnacut knife blade. People want big powerful gorilla strength pliers and long sharp knives in a heavy solid steel package, the squirt and micra are Keychain cutsies.

I've been using my Arc for several months now and really like it.

Back