Leatherman wave 2004

I've some questions about this knife which is annunced on the leatherman website for this fall.

What kind of locking blade system does this knife have?
Is there any review on the wave 2004 ?
Does anyone own one and could tell me a little bit about this knife ?

Thanks

Walhalark

Saw your message and, wanted to sent you a review I bought almost a year ago a leatherman Wave 2004.

I have used it evereyday and carry him always with me since, I'am a Retailer the jobs which I use it for: Remove hard steel wires from alarm tags, by manager is not to happy with me :mad: it costs him a lot of steelwires, esspecialy if we have a alarmtag remover!

For the rest I use it to cut up Boxes and to screw devices apart, and ever since I got my leatherman Wave 2004 I never regreted one single day :p

It is a verry sturdy tool and not to bulky! a carry it in my sheath, also one major advantage is that the blades are the right size to employ them in heavy duty situations!

What I like most about my Wave is the one handed opening assist, it is a regular knife with a sturdy frame-lock :) the smaller tools are locked with a backlock you can't find a better locking system.

I have also used Gerber but I find the bladesize to small and the locks to weak!

only one minor detail the can/'bottle opener, is really hard to use especially when you use it not to often, it takes praktice to learn.

Judgement:

Releyabillity: 9
Size: 8
Versatility: 9
Looks: 10
Wirecutters: 9
Overall : 9

I hope I helped you with your choice, I'am proud to wear my Leatherman each day, just Like a car it gives you total independence, Be Free!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Greetings from Holland,

Edwin

hw-post@planet.nl :thumbup:

Back