Leaving Positive feedback in the sales forum

TheFactor

Life is good !
Ive been trying to leave much deserved positive feedback for pcguy23 all day and it keeps saying error must be left for thread starter which he is . Ive copied and pasted thread link multiple times and it keeps saying the same thing . The link works because when I click on it you go right to the correct sales thread .
It happened the other day same thing when trying to leave positive feedback for someone then a few days later it worked .
Very frustrating to say the least .
Anyone no why and how to correct it ?

There are numerous threads about this...
Typically, the problem is found to be one (or both) of two quirks of the current system.
1) Both parties have to have posted in the thread.
2) The thread cannot be locked at the time feedback is left.

Typically, the problem is found to be one (or both) of two quirks of the current system.
Thanks I'll see if I posted on the thread I can't remember .

Looks like the thread was closed and I didn't post on it .
Really wanted to leave much deserved positive feedback for pcguy23.
That sucks because you didn't post on it or if the thread is closed you can't leave feedback. Never use to be that way back in the good old days with the old forum .

Can you reopen the thread and then leave feedback? I've also been wondering after a couple recent transactions that we were unable to leave feedback for ...

Never use to be that way back in the good old days with the old forum .
The old forum wasn't without issues...some of which were chronic, and far worse.
I haven't given or received trader ratings since the changeover...and it's pretty low on my gripe list. If you think the other person deserves a pat on the back, you can still post your experience in the GB&U

The old forum wasn't without issues...some of which were chronic, and far worse.
I haven't given or received trader ratings since the changeover...and it's pretty low on my gripe list. If you think the other person deserves a pat on the back, you can still post your experience in the GB&U
I had no problems with the old forum ever . The new forum has been fustrating in a few areas for me .But back to the topic on hand . Yes he does deserve a pat on the back and he also deserves positive feed back that should be able to be left on his traders profile not just a thread.

Yes he does deserve a pat on the back and he also deserves positive feed back that should be able to be left on his traders profile not just a thread.
So contact him, ask him if he is willing to unlock the thread... allowing you to post, thus enabling you to leave a trader rating.
If he chooses not to, you've done all you can in that regard

So contact him, ask him if he is willing to unlock the thread... allowing you to post, thus enabling you to leave a trader rating.
If he chooses not to, you've done all you can in that regard
Thank you ,Great advice and appreciate your input and help.

I'm not sure why but my experience has been different. I agree with #1 but not #2. I have always closed my sale threads after receiving payment ever since my first sale in 2011. Neither I nor the buyers have ever had any problems leaving feedback on my closed (locked) threads.

For example, my sale thread in the link below has been closed since 9/5. The buyer and I successfully exchanged feedback this morning on my closed thread. As has always been the case, I did not have to reopen the thread.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/gec-14-lick-creek-boys-knife-sold.1518351/

I always use a desktop computer (don't own a smartphone) so maybe that has something to do with it but that doesn't explain why my buyers never have a problem.

My own experience, and that of my buyers, has been that feedback can in fact be exchanged on a locked thread as long as both parties have posted in that thread.

Ok so the seller opened thread back up and I tried to leave feedback and the same error came up. So I posted on the thread and tried again and it worked :thumbsup:
So I guess the thread had to be open and the person leaving feed back has to have posted on the sales thread .
Prior BTW I used my phone and tablet.
Also prior to the new forum format it worked flawless always regardless if thread was closed or if you posted on thread or not. With my experience anyway .

Ok so the seller opened thread back up and I tried to leave feedback and the same error came up. So I posted on the thread and tried again and it worked :thumbsup:
So I guess the thread had to be open and the person leaving feed back has to have posted on the sales thread .
Prior BTW I used my phone and tablet.
Also prior to the new forum format it worked flawless always regardless if thread was closed or if you posted on thread or not. With my experience anyway .

I think that the only reason the thread had to be open is so that you could post in it.

The only requirements for the trader system are

1. The deal has to take place in an appropriate FS / FT forum
2. Both the buyer & seller have posted in it.

The thread doesn't have to be open or closed.

This is irrelevant at this point; but I found the response I typed sitting here when I revisited the thread. (Not sure if I got distracted and forgot...or my internet connection crapped out, as it often does)
Railsplitter Railsplitter As mentioned earlier, I have not left or received this type of feedback since the changeover...the information (or misinformation, as the case may be) about the locked threads was gleaned from some of the other discussions on this subject.
Apologies for passing along hearsay; but, in this case, the thread would have to be unlocked before feedback can be left so the OP can post.

Thanks for the Update Spark .
I'll make sure from now on I post on the sales thread.
Sometimes I like to remain in the stealth mode when buying but no biggie. It's more important for me to leave feedback for other prospective buyers or sellers to see for the seller or buyer.

Back