LED Flashlights

I just ordered two new flashlights - a Pal light gold, and an Eternalight Ergo. I am pretty impressed with these two in the literature I have read. Do any of you other "Gadget geeks" own either of these flashlights or have any experience with them? Thanks for your replies.

Read the words that Brock has written.
I trust his reviews and advice.

Illiya, I hope you've also got some PhotonII LED lights. IMHO, No-one; especially those in the "Gadgets & Gear" Forum should be more than a metre from a PhotonII.

Alastair

Wow - and I thought I was a "Flashlight nut".
Thank you both for your replies. I read a couple reviews of individuals who have used the Pal Gold flashlight. More than one said the battery life of the flashlight in the "Always on" mode is nowhere near the three years suppliers advertize. Have you also found this to be true?

Well it will glow for three years, but if you use it regularly, it won't. I think the three years is only valid if you do use it as a regular flashlight. By the way PAL just came out with the new Onestar, it has 7 levels of brightness and is suppose to use a brighter LED, I have one on order but havent gotton it yet.

Fellow Flashaholic,

Brock - http://www.uwgb.edu/nevermab/led.htm

Brock - Thank's for the reply. I have checked many sites, (Even www.lightechnology.com - Pal's maker), but can't find any place that sells or shows the new "Onestar" PAL. Can you tell me where you found it? Best regards.

I wasn't too impressed with either the PAL lights, or the Eternalights. My main complaint is that they are not waterproof, and being in and around water alot, I really look for that in a light. (By waterproof, I mean dive capable.) However they have circuitry that does some really wonderful things, so I won't knock them too much. Besides, I handled my friend's PAL light and liked it quite a bit.

What I do own in the LED light department are the CCrane/Tektite TREK7 and Pilot3, the HDS Action light and the CMG Infinity. If you want info on any of these lights, let me know. And I am still searching for a small pocket LED light that is waterproof, so if anyone knows of such a beast, I'd be really grateful if you'd let me know (via email is preferable). Thanks.

I just got a Streamlight Batonlight and a PAL gold (white). I like them both, but I will only be using the Batonlight outdoors, since the PAL is a problem with gloves on: the button gives no tactile or auditory feedback -- no "click" -- when I push it, so I can't tell if it's on, and with gloves, shining it off in the distance to signal oncoming traffic, that's bad news.

The Batonlight is easy to push that momentary button and not hard to turn the endcap one-handed for permanent "on". I have it on a lanyard, which I can hang around my neck, or snug up around my wrist, which works especially well with gloves, or just use to drag it out of a parka pocket.

Both are monster lights for their small size and light weight, and show up beautifully for security and lighting a path.

Back