• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Leech Lake Fillet Knife

jll346

Knife maker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Up for sale I have a Brand New Handmade Leech Lake Fillet Knife. This is the best fillet knife made. For what ever reason I purchased two and never touched one. I have used the other on HUNDREDS of fish. Nothing is made quite like it. The one I am selling is exactly like the one in the picture except it has a red & black handle. Blade is 7 1/2" long and RAZOR sharp. So is the back front portion used to cut under the front gills. Price is $100 shipped in US. I accept Paypal & US Postal Money Orders. If interested please PM or email me.

Why do conventional fillet knives get dull so fast? ...
The first step in filleting any fish is generally the cut behind the gill. When making this cut you are cutting down into the scales. These scales are there to protect the body of the fish from the razor sharp teeth of other predator fish. In many ways the scales are like a suit of armor, but much more abrasive.
If a knife could be designed that would cut from beneath the scales, the rapid dulling of the blade which comes from cutting through the scales would be avoided. Imagine the time that could be saved by not having to stop and sharpen the blade every 10 of 15 fish filleted. In addition, your knife would never again ruin that beautiful fillet because of being too dull for efficient cutting.
The Leech Lake Fillet Knife was designed with this idea in mind.
The knife’s handle…
All of the Leech Lake Fillet Knives are hand made.
The blade is made from specially designed high carbon/semi-stainless alloy steel. The steel is then hardened and tempered to Don’s specifications. Each blade is signed and dated as well as marked with an “SS” that signifies Don Canney’s “Super Steel”.
What really makes the blade unique is the hook sharpened tip and the fact that the backside is sharp approximately two inches from the point. Herein lies the secret of keeping the cutting edge sharp virtually throughout the season.
A word of caution: Remember that the backside is razor sharp. It cuts fingers as well as fish!

Attachments

• leech lake fillet.jpg
    leech lake fillet.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
$90 FREE Shipping in ConUS. ( $3 for Paypal). PM if interested. Thanks....

Last edited:
$90 TYD in ConUS. PM if interested...........

Last edited:
Bump Up....PM if interested.

One more Bump.. PM if interested....

$80 TYD....PM if interested....

I know this thread is 4 years old, but wondering if this knife is still available? Just joined this site and don't have pm privileges, as yet.
Thanks,
Bill

Back