Leek Disassembly Question/Problem

So I want to put a new torsion bar into my leek, i called and they offered to do it for me, but i foolishly and impaitently asked them to just send me a new torsion bar, feeling confident i could do it myself. Well i cant get the pivot screw out. It just keeps spinning, but i t wont unthread. The backing of the pivot screw spins as i unscrew the pivot screw. Is this normal? I have loosened my other leek and did not have this problem? also, is the torsion bar tricky to install, it doesnt seem like it would be, but then again i thought i would at least be able to get the pivot screw out Any answers are appreciated... Thanks guys

I wonder if you could cut a slot in the other side of the fastener with a dremmel so you could use a flat head screwdriver on it? You could then replace it later if looks are an issue to you.

I ended up just super-gluing the back of the pivot to the surrounding handle.

It's ugly, but it works, and I never have to worry about that pivot spinning again! :D

Have you tried applying downward preasure to the blade (locked open) and then turning the screw?

Hey guys I found a really good trick

cut out a section of something with a rubbery grippy surface, i used a rubber band. take the pocket clip off, put the rubber band over the pivot, and then screw the the pocket clip back down... unscrew happily

it worked like a charm

Hey guys I found a really good trick

cut out a section of something with a rubbery grippy surface, i used a rubber band. take the pocket clip off, put the rubber band over the pivot, and then screw the the pocket clip back down... unscrew happily

it worked like a charm

Good idea. One thing that worked for me was just leaving the blade closed. Most times i do the "pressure on the blade thing" that Mr. Voorhies suggested.

Back