LEOs or anyone who knows thier laws? HELP?

I have a slight problem. Seems a couple of dumbasses in my class have woven a nice little story about me involving false weapons charges. The story goes as follows:

1> I'm a sword wielding maniac *and* I carry it to school
2> I slit throats as a past time
3> I'm a gymnastic man whore
4> I'm bringing a handgun to shoot them

As you can see, it's false. However, after a student noticed my Delcia clipped to my pocket 2 yrs ago and got me suspended, The next time I have a knife at school gets me booted... and the office had to check it out.

I have 3 months to go, and have no plans to screw up. This is just thier way of trying to get rid of me. The office now plans to do locker checks every week. I DO NOT carry anything but the multitool, and now not even allowed that!

I would like laws(Canadian) and rights to quote about this. False weapons charges can recieve a hefty charge(that these idiots would not be able to fill) should I have to go that way.

anyone with similar experiences? any help is welcome.

Currently 18, Grade 12, Saskatoon/Sask/Canada

Your problem will pretty much solve itself in three months. You will be finished school and probably won't see those people again if you don't want to. In the meantime it would be best to obey the school's regulations regarding knives.

I went through a similar experience regarding rumours several years ago. I've been in a gun club for many years and this offended some of my politically correct co-workers. After the Montreal massacre back in 1989 they started spreading rumours that I might commit a similar act.

When you are the victim of rumours you can either let it get to you or let it go.

I am your age but a college Freshman in NYC. Through high school I never put even a Swiss Army Knife in my pocket because of the charges It could bring. Just don't carry it or the multi tool. Wait until you get home. You have three months to go, so grit your teeth and bear with it. Good luck.

I have a question regarding the link brooksknives gave for anyone that can answer. I was told by a some what out of it leo at my local P.D.(Winnipeg, Canada) that any knife you carry around is considered a weapon:confused: Is this true??? OR was I led off??? Since the link states knives from 3-4" are ok.

the link that i gave was for knife laws in all of canada not just province by province so you should be able to carry s knife any where in canada and as far as i know a l.e.o cannot arresst you if the knife you are useing is not used as a offence or defence weapon so if you carry it for day to day choirs they can not touch you as it is not a weapon unless it is a gravity knife or switchblade so i would not let him scare you with what he said

Lee Brooks
Knifemaker
BROOKSKNIVES.canada

brooksknives@hotmail.com

Back