Lest we forget

Thanks Bob, both men are missed but a year certainly went by quickly!
Time, is not always on our side...:(

G2

In the hustle and bustle of our daily lives we tend to forget that we are only going to be on this planet a short time.
I knew both of those men,Walt from the forums,and Jim from Blade West.
Wish I had gotten to know them better.

Thanks Bob,
Amoung other nobel characteristics, these two gentlemen exemplified the true definition of what the knife community really is.

They are no longer with us physically, but their examples live on. Walt and James left behind "gifts" that are rare. It is up to us to use and learn from those gifts. In doing so we honor them and strive to become better people. We may slip every once in a while, (at least I do :)), but the key is to keep learning and using the examples they left with us.

I cringe each time a suggestion is brought up to drop the archives, losing the posts of people like Walt and James would be tragic, especially for those who did not get to know them while they participated here.

Gus,

Loosing the archives would indeed be a tragedy. So much great information is there as well as the contributions of the likes of Walt and James.

I often wonder if it might not be a good idea to issue and sell CDs of the archives with a refined search capability in a menu. This has been done very well elsewhere (eg MWR aka Military Watch Resource, a forum for mil-watch collectors).

I didn't know Walt or James. I've read some of their posts, they seem like great guys. I'm sure there looking down on us from the almightys kingdom (heaven). My prayers to his family and friends and my condulences.

Back