Let's get the next build rolling

Getting the Campers marked for a bit of a tapered tang, I'm not going to go aggressive with it, I just want to lose a little weight.
20200103_185603-01.jpeg

Check out the Pocket Blade thread in the sub when you get a chance:thumbsup:

Are these going to be guard-less, Coke-bottle-shaped handle slab sides with a flare near the plunge line and at the back, with a lined lanyard hole and pouch style sheath? If'n so, BIG DIBS!

That's the plan Shel, Micarta and Nickel Silver:thumbsup:

That's the plan Shel, Micarta and Nickel Silver:thumbsup:
Crap! :sigh: I shouldn't do this, but... Dibs... :oops:

(On the other Camper, to be clear.)

Maybe some of that crazy micarta like you linked awhile back? They had some nifty patterns, I could get on board with a number of those. ;)

Crap! :sigh: I shouldn't do this, but... Dibs... :oops:

(On the other Camper, to be clear.)

Maybe some of that crazy micarta like you linked awhile back? They had some nifty patterns, I could get on board with a number of those. ;)
.....just to make sure we're all on the same page, these are the Campers, not the photo of the single posted on this page. I'll get a seperate thread up for the Campers when I get a chance:thumbsup:
20191122_101954-02.jpeg

.....just to make sure we're all on the same page, these are the Campers, not the photo of the single posted on this page. I'll get a seperate thread up for the Campers when I get a chance:thumbsup:
View attachment 1261914

Yep, dem's da ones! :D Looking back at that pic again tonight after some of the other WIP pics (and Sheldon's handle comment) put me over the edge. I know back towards the beginning of this thread I said I'd be sitting this one out, but... :oops:

I have a thing for camp knofes. Especially drop point camp knofes. It's not quite as big a thing as my thing for Bowie knofes, but it's up there. :eek:

Last edited:
Hey Redmeadow Knives Redmeadow Knives , about how big would a chuck o' handle material need to be to cover those handles proper? Would 5.5" x 1.75" do it? How thick per side? 3/8" be enough? (Yeah, I'm browsing @ G-Carta...;))

Hey Redmeadow Knives Redmeadow Knives , about how big would a chuck o' handle material need to be to cover those handles proper? Would 5.5" x 1.75" do it? How thick per side? 3/8" be enough? (Yeah, I'm browsing @ G-Carta...;))
3/8 would be plenty Jared, 5/16 would be sufficient also. 1/4 would probably be too thin only because of the tapered tang. I'm gonna try to stay on the Rita Hayworth side of curvy instead of the Anna Nicole Smith side!
1*vQt-Is79XgoK4BVwFIGqsQ.jpeg

3/8 would be plenty Jared, 5/16 would be sufficient also. 1/4 would probably be too thin only because of the tapered tang. I'm gonna try to stay on the Rita Hayworth side of curvy instead of the Anna Nicole Smith side!
1*vQt-Is79XgoK4BVwFIGqsQ.jpeg

:cool: :thumbsup:

What size would be needed to completely cover the handle?

:cool: :thumbsup:

What size would be needed to completely cover the handle?
Argh sorry, I measured but forgot to post that part, I blame Rita:D

I could make 5.25 by 1.5 work. That 5.5 by 1.75 would be good, that gives some room to work with the pattern direction. If you find something let me know and I'll take a look.

Argh sorry, I measured but forgot to post that part, I blame Rita:D

I could make 5.25 by 1.5 work. That 5.5 by 1.75 would be good, that gives some room to work with the pattern direction. If you find something let me know and I'll take a look.
No problemo. Just been browsing till now, will look a little harder and check sizes for any I like, and go from there. :thumbsup:

Back