Lets see some Hinderer action

Does anyone know if a skinny Halftrack is in the works? I want to pick up another skinny slicer, but would wait if a skinny halftrack was even up for consideration.

Does anyone know if a skinny Halftrack is in the works? I want to pick up another skinny slicer, but would wait if a skinny halftrack was even up for consideration.

Sorry to disappoint but there is no Skinny Half Track in the current/upcoming works with Hinderer. Could that change on down the road? No one knows. That all depends on Rick.

Thanks for the quick reply! Guess I’ll be getting a DLC skinny when they hit the shelves.

Sorry to disappoint but there is no Skinny Half Track in the current/upcoming works with Hinderer. Could that change on down the road? No one knows. That all depends on Rick.

I'm just hoping some Tri-way pivot Half Tracks in battle finishes or maybe the SW DLC finish come back in stock soon ... that is one of just 3 knives I have on my WTB list ...

I'm becoming pretty content and steady in my carry/user knives ... and kind of settling in without many knives peaking my interests for awhile ...

I'm thinking maybe it's time I try some DYI mods or give some anodizing or leather work a try ... because I still love and enjoy the world of all that is sharp and slicey.

And I need to get a few remaining Hinderers pimped out with the scales and hardware I have waiting for them ...

but being a proud knife knut ... there may be something new or at least new or different for me that may catch my interest ... because it is a strange feeling when you look through your blades and realize you have all the bases covered and then some ... but love the people and the forums so I'll find reasons to still be a pest on here.

Last edited:
I'm just hoping some Tri-way pivot Half Tracks in battle finishes or maybe the SW DLC finish come back in stock soon ... that is one of just 3 knives I have on my WTB list ...

I'm becoming pretty content and steady in my carry/user knives ... and kind of settling in without many knives peaking my interests for awhile ...

I'm thinking maybe it's time I try some DYI mods or give some anodizing or leather work a try ... because I still love and enjoy the world of all that is sharp and slicey.

And I need to get a few remaining Hinderers pumped out with the scales and hardware I have waiting for them ...

but being a proud knife knut ... there may be something new or at least new or different for me that may catch my interest ... because it is a strange feeling when you look through your blades and realize you have all the bases covered and then some ... but love the people and the forums so I'll find reasons to still be a pest on here.

We will be introducing a new Half Track exclusive in another 6 weeks so just hold tight!

I picked up a stonewashed skinny slicer from the current run and do love it. Thinking I need the DLC because (insert any reason) now as well;)
That’s too funny I’m already trying to figure out an excuse/reason to get another in a different blade steel/Configuration or maybe dlc stonewash or both lol .

Was craving some Guacamole tortilla chips and don’t know why :D
Edsp5V7.jpg

Well I decided to lightly hit the edge on my Skinny slicer with some green compound. Really didn’t feel it needed it as it was more then adequate for my applications. It’s hair popping sharp as it was before although more effortless now and seems to cut cleaner .Tested it on some receipt paper and TV dinner boxes and it was slicing threw it like nothing with hardly any friction. I feel no need to change the blade geometry/angle at this time . I’m guessing it really depends what your cutting threw would make a difference and why some folks are having a issue . Now I’ve had a standard 24, a handful 18 3.5’s all non skinny’s including a full track which wasn’t as bad but those I could see Reprofiling the edge. I will cut some rope tomorrow at work and see how the skinny does as that was the biggest problem with the others mentioned.
B1j9tYK.jpg

check out my new hinderer below...just figured out how to post a photo

Last edited:
Back