Let's see some pictures!

rs=w:800,h:800

1976 Hoffritz/Elinox C11304 aka Recruit.

I’m new to this site, I’ve been a “Bladesmith” as a serious hobby for 50 years, I acquired this “1 of 500” 7 years ago, it was Buck’s knife of the month (July 2018?) it’s a fine example of Bucks breaching tool, 5160 HC steel, edge is hardened and tempered to 60 RH . I use it when I’m hunting or camping for camp chores. Because it’s a limited edition and a collectible knife I don’t abuse it. It holds an edge extremely well and is a very strong and durable blade. The “Tan” colored models are listed as “Buck 810” and you have to be a 1st responder or active military or in law enforcement to own one. Because of the collectible model I was able to purchase it (I was a 1st responder offshore) - I’m trying to post the picture of the blade from my phone- I’m technically challenged

I’m trying to post the picture of the blade from my phone- I’m technically challenged

Heya buddy. Non-paid forum members have to use third party image hosting sites. You'll have to upload your image to one of those third party sites first, and then link to it in your post so that other people can see it.

There are many free image hosting sites which do not require you to sign up for an account in order to upload images, but having an account will also allow you to organize your hosted images or delete them later.

Here is an example:

sogE-1.jpg

Just click the reply button on my post. It will insert a quote of my post in the post field at the bottom of this page. Then click the two little brackets [ ] in the top right corner of the post field to toggle the raw text, which will show the code that I used to insert my image into my post. You'll see the image link that I inserted in this post in between two bulletin board tags, aka "BBcode".

BBcode tags are very similar to html tags, with an opening tag surrounded by two brackets like this [example] and a closing tag surrounded by two brackets with a forward slash like this [/example]. You put things between the opening and closing tag and it tells the forum how to display it. The image tag is IMG. You'll see it in my post, between the brackets. That's how you manually insert an image from a different site into a post. It's one way to do it.

Another way is to click the image icon on the bar above the post field. It's between the chain link icon and the smiley icon. That will then prompt you to supply a direct link to your image. It won't work while BBcode is toggled on ( this button [ ] ), so make sure to turn that back off before you try clicking on the image icon.

Not all free image hosting sites allow directly embedding your image though. That's called "hot-linking", by the way. Some sites don't allow hot-linking without setting up a paid account. Some sites do allow it.

Last edited:
I suppose I could have put these other places but I think the pics turned out nice. Lifelong fan. Gave a Huntsman away. Lost a StayGlow Fieldmaster, my favorite model. I ended up with a standard Red handled one as a gift. I bought the Wounded Warrior one. I got some Cobalt Blue and Yellow Scales. And replaced them myself. Added tweezers and Paracord. I decided to splurge and buy the Black Fieldmaster to replace the Huntsman I gifted to a kid many years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20240330_163239575~2.jpg
    IMG_20240330_163239575~2.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240402_123133522_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240402_123133522_HDR.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240402_123107424_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240402_123107424_HDR.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240402_122858742_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240402_122858742_HDR.jpg