Lets See Some Pure Fighters

The activity in that hamon is beautiful. It would be an honor to be run though with that blade. To be honest, you do have to work on the pictures though. Ask a few of the "hamon guys" how they get it to pop in pics. I use a black "backstop"(off-camera) to reflect into the blade. It eliminates the white-wash.

Last edited:
The activity in that hamon is beautiful. It would be an honor to be run though with that blade. To be honest, you do have to work on the pictures though. Ask a few of the "hamon guys" how they get it to pop in pics. I use a black "backstop"(off-camera) to reflect into the blade. It eliminates the white-wash.
Thanks Rick. I know my pictures really suck haha. For some reason taking pictures has become the hardest part of this whole custom knife thing....

I'll stick this one here too. It's in a thread as part of a set.

Cru-wear at Rc62/63, cryo/low temper experimental heat treat which seems to work very well. Full distal taper, sharpened raised clip. 0.007" behind the edge and 15dps. 416ss guard and the nicest Koa block I've ever come across. It's light, fast, and very stabby. I didn't have time to put it in the light box as I finished it one hour after the delivery time. Just a quick cell pic before running out the door to deliver it.

IMG_2236 by Wjkrywko, on Flickr

We do have a photography subform here at bf.c with all sorts of helpful threads, tips and tricks for those that want to look...
:D

Beautiful knife by the way.
I really like that asymmetrical guard. Normally don't but that flat out works!

We do have a photography subform here at bf.c with all sorts of helpful threads, tips and tricks for those that want to look...
:D

Beautiful knife by the way.
I really like that asymmetrical guard. Normally don't but that flat out works!

I almost did the guard as a s-guard, which is why the lower lug is so long. It just looked right when I fit it, and left it straight. I almost cut it, but the more I debated in my head, the more I liked the longer lug.

Some Hossom goodness

swa45e.jpg

b5o6fa.jpg

35n3l3r.jpg

This is like, the best thread ever.

Thank you all to everyone who is contributing these amazing pictures of knives.

Back