Lets see those Scandi grind knives.

Great stuff here!

One I made:

ShowKnives016.jpg

ShowKnives009.jpg

Of all the knives I have tried my Stewart Marsh Bushcrafter in O1 steel is the only Scandi grind knife that I still have and regularly use. It is still my all around fav for wood working using a knife.

smbushcraft3we-600x235.png

In day to day life you are more likely to find me with my Bark River Kephart for light duty or my Bark River Golok for heavy stuff when performing bushcraft duties. I like the convex grinds and the heat treatment on the steel is second to none.

My favorites
DBSheat.jpg

Dozier original bushcrafter.

scanicker2.jpg

Brusletto laminated carbon steel blade, my handle.

stromengdone1.jpg

Stromeng leuku blade, my handle.

Morseth1.jpg

Brusletto "Mystery" blade, my handle.
Buttcap close up :D
moresethbuttplate.jpg

IMG_7436.JPG

IMG_7433.JPG

IMG_7437.JPG

IMG_8020.JPG

Couple more somewhere..first pic(up) EnZo, Polar and Lauri blades,and (bellow) Puronvarsi,Strande,Hankala,Brostrom and Kankaanpaa blades,below Helle,Roselli,Martiinni and Brusletto,3. pic Mora,and last one Lauri and Brostrom.

This is an older knife I got off ebay, with a home made sheath,
2541817210033885154S600x600Q85.jpg

This one is another ebay knife, with a home made ambi-sheath,
2991232950033885154S600x600Q85.jpg

Koyote knife
2960005680033885154S600x600Q85.jpg

IMG_7436.JPG

IMG_7433.JPG

IMG_7437.JPG

IMG_8020.JPG

Couple more somewhere..first pic(up) EnZo, Polar and Lauri blades,and (bellow) Puronvarsi,Strande,Hankala,Brostrom and Kankaanpaa blades,below Helle,Roselli,Martiinni and Brusletto,3. pic Mora,and last one Lauri and Brostrom.

All I can say is WOW:thumbup:

I only have ONE scandi blade... A Mora #1 carbon. Don't have any pictures of it. I think most people here know what one looks like though.

The rest of my knives are CONVEX :D

Rinos, that's not even fair-those handles take scandis to an entirely new level... Did you put those together yourself? If not, who makes them?

Rinos, that's not even fair-those handles take scandis to an entirely new level... Did you put those together yourself? If not, who makes them?

Thanks for that .
It is my hobby,and they are all users,(at least when they come in line)
You should check some Scandinavian custom makers for real treat,and high level.

Thanks for that .
It is my hobby,and they are all users,(at least when they come in line)
You should check some Scandinavian custom makers for real treat,and high level.

It is easy to tell they are all well used and well maintained. I'll look around at some custom Norse makers. I like stacked birch bark handles alot, ROSARMS sure turns out some awesome lookin grips.

I'm not fully sold on the whole scandi grind thing......

P1020591.jpg

Brusletto Profilering, Aito Puukko, Helle Odell, Custom Lauri, Hackman Tapio Wirkkaala, Hultafors GK, Mora Triflex Force

P1020593.jpg

Koyote EDC, BGA Bushcraft, Laconico Bushcraft, BGA Terrasaur, Fiddleback Terrasaur, Adventure Sworn Bushcraft, Enzo Nordic with Stewart Light handle

P1020595.jpg

Koster Kit with custom DJJ scales, Klammer Scandi, BHK Boat Tail, BCNW Bushcraft, Allenblade Bushcraft, Spyderco BushcraftUK, BGA Neck scandi

P1020597.jpg

Terry Kidd Bushtool, Koster Bushcraft X2, Paul Hardwick Bushcraft, Mick Spain blade with custom scales, Shing? with custom handles.

P1020060-1.jpg

Terry Kidd Woodlore

Last edited:
I'm not fully sold on the whole scandi grind thing......

Yeah considering your meager collection you should probable look to add 10-15 more just to get a feeling for this particular grind :rolleyes: ... it's not for everybody.

Beautiful knives bro :thumbup:

I think I was really skeptical to the point of not really wanting to like a scandi, but having used Brian Andrew's bushy for a few weeks, I'm really coming to trust this knife. There are a couple of things that I still really prefer a convex for, but this is a fine a blade and the scandi edge is proving tougher than what has been stated about it.

Hey Tony M.
You know I'm partial to the grind.
IMG_1955-1.jpg

One side
IMG_1956.jpg

The other side
IMG_1959.jpg

What's the secret to posting large pictures? I use Photobucket and the size is pre-set.

Back