Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

I know! My jaw dropped when I got it back. At first I thought they just replaced it until I looked at the blemishes on the blades. I am definitely going to buy a new Case now. But I really wanted an old one and lucked out by finding this one.
I also love Case Customer Service.
I bought both these trappers used with the shields missing, and they found the perfect shield for each and sent it for free. The yellow one's just arrived.
mj2IVfm.jpg

I also must buy a new Case at a bricks and mortar store. I think Blain's has some.

Last edited:
I had to post this pawn shop score(since my wife and kids couldn't care less!). Found this at a pawn shop in a pile of "junk" knives. The main blade backspring was broken. I paid $10 for it. Emailed Case and asked for a price to fix it and they said they would warranty it:). Its a 1989 Stockman
6rWM9Jd.jpg

u79uynw.jpg

It took them a few weeks but it came back looking new! My first Case knife and I have to say their customer service and product is great!
Nice score! Gotta say no matter what anyone has to say about Case, you can't argue with service like that.

Thanks Vince, I been wanting a Case Canoe with the canoe etch. Today not only did I find one, but one in pristine condition. Still with factory edges. Lol now I'm on the fence whether I want to actually use it:confused:
That's my next Case knife too, except I want the amber bone--to go with my trapper and medium stockman. But that red bone is beautiful. I love the canoe etch, and a spear and pen is a great combination.

I also love Case Customer Service.
I bought both these trappers used with the shields missing, and they found the perfect shield for each and sent it for free. The yellow one's just arrived.
mj2IVfm.jpg

I also must buy a new Case at a bricks and mortar store. I think Blain's has some.

That's amazing! The "raised lettering" shield on the blue one was used for only three years -- don't recall exactly, but somewhere around 1987, '88, and '89.

That's amazing! The "raised lettering" shield on the blue one was used for only three years -- don't recall exactly, but somewhere around 1987, '88, and '89.
Snazzy, isn't it?
Interesting about the limited dates, because the knife is a 2008 Mackinac Bridge walk commemoration. I suppose they were looking mostly for the right size and shape, but it's funny this shield should turn up first.
Here's the other side of it.
Md3bwlI.jpg

This one just arrived today. It doesn’t have the beauty of many Case knives, but it may be the most functional Case I’ve ever come across. Tru-Sharp clip and sheepsfoot blades with “As Ground” finish. Tru-Sharp punch blade with polished finish. Stainless springs. Brass liners, pins and Carhartt shield. Highly textured black G-10 covers. VERY thinly ground hollow ground blades. All in a 2 1/4 ounce medium stockman package.

PL0WnHmh.jpg

This one just arrived today. It doesn’t have the beauty of many Case knives, but it may be the most functional Case I’ve ever come across. Tru-Sharp clip and sheepsfoot blades with “As Ground” finish. Tru-Sharp punch blade with polished finish. Stainless springs. Brass liners, pins and Carhartt shield. Highly textured black G-10 covers. VERY thinly ground hollow ground blades. All in a 2 1/4 ounce medium stockman package.

PL0WnHmh.jpg
I've always liked the Carhartt line. They just scream "Work Knife".

Just got home from the knife shop. Traded for the 6332 that needs some polishing. Got the XX 6207 from the auction site. Any way you slice it, you gotta love Case old red bone...especially with genuine pocket wear.
20190503_190029.jpg
Tried to post a better pic of the 6207, but "file too large"...even though its smaller MB than the posted pic.

Last edited:
Snazzy, isn't it?
Interesting about the limited dates, because the knife is a 2008 Mackinac Bridge walk commemoration. I suppose they were looking mostly for the right size and shape, but it's funny this shield should turn up first.
Here's the other side of it.
Md3bwlI.jpg

I had to go back and check my facts to be sure. This is from Collecting Case Knives by Steve Pfeiffer, confirming the '87 through '89 dates:

32825084677_694cbc919e_b.jpg

Back