Let's see your Case knives, old to new.

Old Hunter

Gold Member
Took the notion to go ahead and try cutting and reshaping a blade today. Case 3207 CV long Spey blade cut and shaped to standard size Sheepfoot blade; used the Sheepfoot on my 6318 as a visual guide. I am pleased with the blade length and shape but not so pleased with my nail-nick. I cut the blade off straight with a Dremel and then hand shaped the curve and angle with two files. I am going to stop by and visit a buddy who has an industrial buffer and see if we can clean the nick up a bit (then I'll post a photo of that side). For a working knife it will do just fine, I think with this pocketknife some patina will be useful. OH

Before
Case_3207_-_2018.jpg

Planning stage.
Case_3207_CV_2018_(1).jpg

Kinda-sorta finished.
Case_3207_CV_2018_(MOD).jpg

Catdaddy2

Gold Member
Took the notion to go ahead and try cutting and reshaping a blade today. Case 3207 CV long Spey blade cut and shaped to standard size Sheepfoot blade; used the Sheepfoot on my 6318 as a visual guide. I am pleased with the blade length and shape but not so pleased with my nail-nick. I cut the blade off straight with a Dremel and then hand shaped the curve and angle with two files. I am going to stop by and visit a buddy who has an industrial buffer and see if we can clean the nick up a bit (then I'll post a photo of that side). For a working knife it will do just fine, I think with this pocketknife some patina will be useful. OH

Before
Case_3207_-_2018.jpg

Planning stage.

Kinda-sorta finished.
I think you did a great job with the sheepsfoot conversion. Can't wait to see the finished version

Tx308

Gold Member

Before
Case_3207_-_2018.jpg

Planning stage.

Kinda-sorta finished.
Very nice! Makes a very useful blade combination.