1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Lets see your Cold Steel mods!!!

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by UCPOPO, Aug 2, 2014.

1. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    I guess my mod is a lil bit simpler, just stripped off the coating, and semi-polished the sandblast(yes, my recon 1 is not stonewashed underneath, it's sandblasted) using flitz

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    Here is a couple more of my heavily modded Recon 1 with Spanto tip and much narrower blade. Now it's a true traditional tanto.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bigghoss likes this.
  3. ThePeacent

ThePeacent

Sep 15, 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kaos 13 likes this.
  4. Flsurfer

Flsurfer

May 29, 2015
    Did you do the handle on the TM? How much did it cost? Id be interested in doing that to my Trailmaster.

5. Jonslaught

Jonslaught

Jun 26, 2015
    I try to drill that into my head too. To block out the envy. So I see where you're coming from.

6. DShiflet

DShiflet

Jan 25, 2013
    I gotta say, I agree with this guy. If you gave one to me I *might* keep it, but I'd certainly never make one myself, nor would I even pay $2 to have one modded like that.

Yogi Nasser likes this.
  7. D.C.Johnson

D.C.Johnson

Nov 23, 2012
    No envy here, just stating my opinion. Thats good for you however and I hope that tactic works

Yogi Nasser likes this.
  8. Jonslaught

Jonslaught

Jun 26, 2015
    What if the grind line matched the edge?

9. D.C.Johnson

D.C.Johnson

Nov 23, 2012
    Still not appealing to me neither is the handle mod. I do however dig that recon one spanto mod. Now that's more my cup of tea

10. Sosa

Sosa

Feb 6, 2014
    What kind of meat is that? It looks like a cross between ham and mortadella.

11. Jonslaught

Jonslaught

Jun 26, 2015
    Looks high in fat and sodium, and low in protein.

12. ThePeacent

ThePeacent

Sep 15, 2013
    6 gr. protein/ounce
    1.1 gr. fat/ounce
    0.3 gr salt/ounce

13. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Nothing too radical-- kept it low-stress, fun & therapeutic...I enjoyed every minute :D

Stripped & Scotchbrited slabs...ditto on the blade...reprofile blade edge & re-apex...install hardened steel pommel...Renaissance Waxed liners & guts... :cool:

Gotta love those Ultra Locks-- don't misread me, TriAD is the gold standard, but Ultra Locks will always have a special place in my heart <and pockets>...:thumbup:

apologize for the bad indoor lighting...maybe I'll get some real cheescake shots from outdoors tomorrow PM...if I get any requests, ;) hahaha

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. WRCMaN

WRCMaN

Apr 14, 2016
    Pocket Busman CTS-BD1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [/IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    bigghoss likes this.
  15. ManRay

ManRay Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 9, 2014
    [​IMG]

DunRanull and SeVeNA7 like this.
  16. hermit dave

hermit dave Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Very nice. Great sheath too.

DunRanull likes this.
  17. Jonslaught

Jonslaught

Jun 26, 2015
    So, the exact opposite of what I said...

18. Sosa

Sosa

Feb 6, 2014
    I still want to know what it is before I buy a pocket bushman and a canned ham.

19. zsseli

zsseli

Jul 15, 2015
    Hold Out 3. Blade and clip acid etched. Screws, pivot and back lock heat-pimped. Loved it already before, now perfect. It took me like an hour

[​IMG]

David Mary, SeVeNA7 and DocJD like this.
  20. 22jaymondo

22jaymondo

Apr 7, 2016
    EXCELLENT!!

Sent from my 5054W using Tapatalk