Let's See Your Combo-Jacks

Pr0SaGK.jpg

I looked through all my knives and only have two that meet Jeff’s criteria. But they’re a solid couple of knives.

View attachment 2176926

I always liked those knives but prefer the clip on the 834 and 34OT, I don’t think they ever made two blade versions so I carry my 834 and pretend the Spey isn’t there 🙂

Reactions: 315
I always liked those knives but prefer the clip on the 834 and 34OT, I don’t think they ever made two blade versions so I carry my 834 and pretend the Spey isn’t there 🙂
Well, actually they did. That Craftsman Gentleman's Jack from the mid to late 1970's is built on a 834 frame with a standard Clip main blade and a Sheepfoot secondary blade, both hinged at the same end of the frame. The blades are stainless steel and marketed by Sears as A.C.A. Edge (amazing cutting action edge) (ACA applied to a number of knife models in addition to this one). Surprisingly easy to find on the Bay, if none there now they do crop up semi-regularly. OH

Well, actually they did. That Craftsman Gentleman's Jack from the mid to late 1970's is built on a 834 frame with a standard Clip main blade and a Sheepfoot secondary blade, both hinged at the same end of the frame. The blades are stainless steel and marketed by Sears as A.C.A. Edge (amazing cutting action edge) (ACA applied to a number of knife models in addition to this one). Surprisingly easy to find on the Bay, if none there now they do crop up semi-regularly. OH

The knowledge around here never ceases to amaze me. Thanks OH!

r8shell r8shell Thank you, it is a nice chunky knife, bit like a CASE Tadpole perhaps, rare pattern seldom seen. That's a very fine small Böker you have there :cool: Like that CASE too and completely forgotten about the Forum Knife 13, a very nicely used example, mine's still shiny and I fear will stay so......

Thanks, Will

I can jump on the 93OT bandwagon (thanks for the GAW, Fausto):
93OT.mark.open.jpg

Here's a weird Chinese Old Timer that I suppose could be called a "double combo-jack" since it has a straight-edged and bellied-edge blade at EACH end: clip/sheepsfoot at one end, spey/wharncliffe at the other end. Schrade 44OT Workmate:
44OT.pile.open.jpg

- GT

Back