Let's see your CRK posing with scenery!

I have really been babying my large lefty basket weave, basically just hauling it around in my pocket. Seeing this helps... soon.. one day I hope.
Call me crazy, but isn't the idea of damascus more art than function? I know it will wear, but yours still looks nice worn.
Having a backup really lets me not worry. Silly, I know. But, that knife will probably never be available again. I would snatch it instantly!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS: WTB Large lefty basket weave damascus ;)

I have really been babying my large lefty basket weave, basically just hauling it around in my pocket. Seeing this helps... soon.. one day I hope.
Call me crazy, but isn't the idea of damascus more art than function? I know it will wear, but yours still looks nice worn.
Having a backup really lets me not worry. Silly, I know. But, that knife will probably never be available again. I would snatch it instantly!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I first purchased that knife before it even arrived I had made my mind up it would be a user. The day it was delivered I went to the shop for lunch, got it out of the mail, opened it, threw it straight in my pocket and went back to work and straight to using it. I have some wood/Damascus that basically just get carried and minimal use but my Pj and micarta Damascus get used like any other. The etching will fade and they show scratches. I personally like it. Using Damascus isn’t for the faint of heart haha. I read a thread from kidcongo kidcongo about working a Damascus Crk and talked to another lefty before I made my purchase. It helped knowing what would happen.

It’s all for looks. I’ve had two damascus and of the two I’ve only used one lightly. From now on I’ll be picky with the type I buy, but I won’t baby them. Unless collecting, IMO, damascus looks best worn, once novelty wears off.

My CRK Small Sebenza 21 hanging with some friends today - 20 years worth of well EDC'd folders. Hope this is still considered 'scenic'!

zK4x5yS.jpg

From left to right:
Spyderco - Paramilitary 2
Masters of Defense - CDB Mark II Duane Dieter - Auto
Spyderco - Paramilitary 3 Lightweight
Chris Reeve - Small Sebenza 21 Insingo Black Micarta Inlays
Benchmade - Mini-Griptillian 555
Al Mar - Mini SERT Auto 1st Edition Black Chrome

iO9TbHH.jpg

pIi1pa1.jpg

iNq8gom.jpg

C6xsVnL.jpg