Let's see your good old basic fixed blades, Bowie's, Stickers, etc.

The duct tape handle isn't doing that knife any favors in the looks department, but with a nice wood handle it might make a nice patch knife.

I'm sure I've posted that little tool before, but I couldn't find where. Did a little Google-fu and found a company selling dental lab tools. The no. 12 I have is for working plaster molds, I think.
gy3PSQJ.jpg

I see a plan coming together for your next DIY project/Xmas present! :D ;) Though I'm not sure I still have it! :D :thumbsup: I'm thinking about getting one re-handled though! :cool: :D :thumbsup:

That's pretty cool :) :thumbsup:

I like it!
So is "hacking" the British word for "batoning"?

No, it's like the sort of thing you do going through brush with a machete, or through limbs with a sword ('cos we do a lot of that here! :D ). Sort of like a chopping knife I guess. It was funny seeing the guy using it in that bushcraft video. If he saw guys using them on construction sites here, he wouldn't have thought twice about hitting it with a hammer, which is the way they're mostly used here. They're tool-box knives that people absolutely beat the heck out of! :thumbsup:

A HUGE bowie not of my making. The maker sent it to me with the blade still wrapped in blue tape and no edge, to build the sheath and frog for his customer. Once he gets it back he'll finish the blade and handle.

VWWQq9x.jpg

yqmGz1v.jpg

The accents are water buffalo leather.

I'm another one who has not been into knives long enough to have any old ones. Here are 2 that I have acquired in the past month or so. TOPS Prather Bowie and the TOPS Outpost Command. I have always loved Bowie's so this won't be my last one.

2%20Knives-X4.jpg

A HUGE bowie not of my making. The maker sent it to me with the blade still wrapped in blue tape and no edge, to build the sheath and frog for his customer. Once he gets it back he'll finish the blade and handle.

VWWQq9x.jpg

yqmGz1v.jpg

The accents are water buffalo leather.
That is a beautiful sheath.

That blade is gorgeous.
- yip...........as we'd say in here lill ol' England - it aint arf bad, mate ;)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool:
I’m glad you both like it, even though in some places it’s considered a dangerous weapon. I like to stand behind a tree. When a deer comes running by, I hold the knife out (tip up) and gut him on the run. I obviously have a fantasy life because there are no trees large enough to conceal me.

I’m glad you both like it, even though in some places it’s considered a dangerous weapon. I like to stand behind a tree. When a deer comes running by, I hold the knife out (tip up) and gut him on the run. I obviously have a fantasy life because there are no trees large enough to conceal me.
In terrain like that, I bury myself next to a game trail and grab the game's feet as it comes by, then bite or knife it, depending on how deadly I feel and how deadly the game is.
zfhEycR.jpg

Last edited:

In terrain like that, I bury myself next to a game trail and grab the game's feet as it comes by, then bite or knife it, depending on how deadly I feel and how deadly the game is.
zfhEycR.jpg
I use a tomahawk to hunt rabbits,I kick'em up out of the brush and wait until they're at a full run. Then I throw the tomahawk right in front of them,that way they run into the handle and knock themselves out. No ruined meat that way.;):thumbsup:
Perhaps we should start a tall tale thread:D:thumbsup:

This is a Solingen Olsen 13 inch Bowie styled Hunter, in my years of collecting I have only seen one other 13 inch Olsen with this Turkish Clip Styled Blade and Factory File Work and that knife was in ruins - the Blade has not been modified in any way, you do see only now and then the 10 inch versions of this Knife, but never have I seen another of this bad Boy other that that one- many years ago now that was.

YGMYKJY.jpg

HqvqAs6.jpg

Back