Let's see your Shadetree

Great knife man; extended FT + shadetree to boot!

Yeah, an extended tang was something I requested on the very first one...for doing things like scraping out the burned area when making spoons and what have you. But I was in the minority on liking this so it faded out of the model fairly quickly. It was only on a few of the first ones.

its a shame; I agree that on the right knife it is a very valuable feature!

its a shame; I agree that on the right knife it is a very valuable feature!

If I could do a special request one day, I'd like to have sort of a round-ish tang extension on an EDK for spoon carving.

Actually imagine an arête in 3/16 01 with a half height grind , some awesome shade tree (this is a shade tree thread after all) and a pommel plate a- la skookum style. Bomb proof grail knife right there

Actually imagine an arête in 3/16 01 with a half height grind , some awesome shade tree (this is a shade tree thread after all) and a pommel plate a- la skookum style. Bomb proof grail knife right there

I like your thinking, but good luck finding someone who is willing to weld a pommel lol. I have one clip point tactical knife prototype that I designed and a friend made. It took a while to find someone who was even interested in doing the project. I love the knife though. The Terrasaur has always reminded me a little of the SBT, I think that handle shape would work well with a pommel plate, but I don't see getting Andy to weld one up any time soon :)

Thurin, this is an awesome thread!

I guess that you could say that I am a big Shadetree burlap fan. I like the vibrant colors and supple non-slip texture on the finished knives. I like the little splashes of other colors that appear in the Coffeebag and Drunken Burlaps. The coarser weave of the burlap also gives the material much more artsy personality than standard micartas or G10’s.

My future knife purchases will continue to be focused on the Shadetree burlap theme. My rainbow is missing a few colors. The hard part will be staying disciplined on Fridays.

Thanks for starting this thread Thurin. Everybody loves subjects that result in more pictures of nice Fiddlebacks.

Enjoy the photos!

Phil

And this is an awesome Post!

Thanks so much everyone!

Hiking Buddy With Some Bonafide Pants , Cofeebag Burlap over natural canvas with a blue g10 pinstripe, SFT Tang, Convex on 1/8” thick Fiddltextured CPM 154

Since Shadetree burlap is my favorite handle material, this thread is due for a bump.

I have done a little buying, selling, and trading since my prior post in this thread. Here are some fresh photos of my current Shadetree collection.

Thanks for looking.

Phil

P.S. – I am still looking for a tapered Shadetree Nessmuk in case someone has one that they want to let go (not likely I know.)

(L to R: Duke, Leuku, Sneaky Pete, Bushcrafter, Bushcrafter, Kephart, Big Sneaky, Camp Knife)

The Bushcrafters:

The Ruby Red Set: (Leuku, Bushcrafter, Big Sneaky)

Last edited:
Not as cool as Phil's ;) but here's my little shade tree collection. Seems to be missing a red bushcrafter (ahem). Also of note the camp & karda were the dirtiest a few days ago due to a multi day adventure in GW National forest, I was able to get 'em back to like new in 30 min...I swear I'm working on that home spa tutorial :D

IMG_20140422_173743_zps01e0a137.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work Phil and WT... Those look incredible as a group. I suppose I should post a pic of my Shade tree collection (Ruby Hunter, Black Sneaky Pete, Black and White Bushfinger and Burlap Bushboot)?!?!

Love the Bushcrafters. That has become my favorite design.

Martin

The Bushcrafter and Sneaky Pete handles are by far my favorites. I very rarely have the desire for two of the same model, but the Bushcrafter is definitely one of those exceptions for me.

Nice work Phil and WT... Those look incredible as a group. I suppose I should post a pic of my Shade tree collection (Ruby Hunter, Black Sneaky Pete, Black and White Bushfinger and Burlap Bushboot)?!?!

Definitely post your pictures. We are looking forward to seeing them.

Phil

Sorry gents, but I never get good lighting for pics at the time when I get home from work. These will have to do!

ShadeTree1-1.jpg

ShadeTree4.jpg

ShadeTree3.jpg

Here is an old pic of some knives I regretfully don't have anymore. I love shadetree burlap!

45E1F197-7752-4F85-9B1C-CB097DDA3EA3-19096-000007AAC31095EE_zpse3074a4a.jpg

Last edited:
Back