Let's see your spike hawks

Here are a few photos of spiked tomahawks and fokos walking sticks Brian has made.

474464013_o.jpg

475042731_o.jpg

475042617_o.jpg

475042907_o.jpg

475043069_o.jpg

475043124_o.jpg

475042831_o.jpg

475042783_o.jpg

474466398_o.jpg

Truly inspired work. you definitely have very distinct style. The last one is my favorite.

Here's one I finished recently.

cqchawk2.jpg

100_3785.jpg

100_3793.jpg

LOL I know it aint a custom or real fancy, but it IS a spike 'hawk.
SOG FastHawk, 40$....fun throwing it, PRICELESS!

Too bad. I like your work and would like to see some more.
So would I lol.
Hopefully with experience come efficiency - allowing more finished products in a shorter amount of time. I'm currently making items for myself, family and close friends. If I had to charge for my time, even at minimum wage- I would price myself out of business. I understand the whole "labor of love" bit- would rather give my work to people I care about than undersell it to strangers.
I enjoy it, definitely satisfying making a tool with your own hands.
ry%3D400

So would I lol.
Hopefully with experience come efficiency - allowing more finished products in a shorter amount of time. I'm currently making items for myself, family and close friends. If I had to charge for my time, even at minimum wage- I would price myself out of business. I understand the whole "labor of love" bit- would rather give my work to people I care about than undersell it to strangers.
I enjoy it, definitely satisfying making a tool with your own hands.
ry%3D400

Very impressive work Mr Visitor. Can I be a friend ;-))
Love the belt axe.

Very best regards

Robin

Great to see you Chris, where ya been? Thanks for posting your amazing hawks.

Best regards

Robin

Here's a couple I made from ball pien hammers. A Pipe Spike and a regular spike

2reky28.jpg

6olp2h.jpg

These are a few of my favorite things.

DSCN0670.jpg

Thanks for the wonderful gift Robin, I have it with me every day. I got back from 2 days stuck in the Sonoran desert. I went down there to accompany a foreign journalist. His rented car broke down and then he got very sick as we were fixing the car. Had to spend the night there till we got some help from the locals. Don’t drink the water said a very old man that came to help us out. A warning that our foreign friend did not take. We all made it out ok.The water purification tablets that I keep in my SAS survival tin saved the day. Glad to be home.

It was my great pleasure my friend. You have to stop hangin around with tourists Edwin, even up here in Canada the tourists can make you sick ;-)))

Keep safe Brother

R

DSCN0707.jpg

This is the head I’m going to put on my Sayoc Winkler primitive tomahawk. Came up whit the idea of doing one from looking at Pipemans work.

Im looking for a good piece of wood for the handle, I think I’m going to go for a longer handle than that of the real R & D hawk.
What ells do I need?

Et,

You might want a sturdy, elastic yet rot-resistant (beeswax-coated for water and insect repellent) straps.
It could be a quick paracord with several nails for better fit and impact-prone chopping.

Back