Let's see your Traditional Case knives, old to new.

View attachment 1165173 View attachment 1165174 View attachment 1165175 View attachment 1165176 View attachment 1165177

Here are my Case Barlows with one interloper.

Beautiful Barlow Darren waverave waverave ! They are all so different, and that one is especially nice. I wish I could commemorate my birthday with a 1970’s dot knife, but I have to go Case XX! At least I am not Tested era!

@Misplaced Hillbilly , what a great one David. Congratulations on that find.

Modoc ED Modoc ED , well done in sharing the Texas Jack. It has to be one of the top traditional knives of all time! JohnDF JohnDF is a fortunate man.

YWXylqm.jpg

Modoc ED Modoc ED , well done in sharing the Texas Jack. It has to be one of the top traditional knives of all time! JohnDF JohnDF is a fortunate man.
I am very thankful for it. I realized as soon as I picked it up that this was a very special knife. I messaged ED immediately and told how star struck I was with it. I can't get over how well made it is and how the blades are just perfect. Such a great knife and now a center piece of my small collection.

Hot from my mailbox today!
Two new Case Knives. They meet my expectations in every way. Thanks, Case, for the exceptional knives. At not much over half a C note each, these are excellent knives.
trzqof6.jpg

eIxgvyb.jpg

SbF9g7p.jpg

y13f0N9.jpg
They DO look exceptional, Gary. Congrats!

(I like that they left the shield off the Barlow.)

I found this 1977 6232 Case jack a few days ago and just had to pick it up. I have a couple of 62032 Texas jacks and this pattern is just slightly longer and slightly slimmer in height. It appears to never have been sharpened or carried. The brown bone is absolutely gorgeous, the shield is pinned, and the steel is CV. Now I understand what people mean when they gripe about the newer blades not being very well pointed. This thing has a needle point! The pen blade was somewhat proud but a few minutes with a small diamond file on the kick fixed that. The only issue is that the pull is about 7 - 8 and my nails just won't take that anymore. At first I thought about using one of those little four-blade "coin" screwdrivers to open it, but then I spotted a big (about 1" diameter) nylon washer that I had lying around. Works great for catching the nail nick and won't scratch! I bought a couple more from the hardware store and put one each on a couple of keychains so they will always be handy. Overall a real beauty that just screams "classic, traditional pocket knife."

48441143111_091ef4922f_b.jpg

Last edited:
I found this 1978 6232 Case jack a few days ago and just had to pick it up. I have a couple of 62032 Texas jacks and this pattern is just slightly longer and slightly slimmer in height. It appears to never have been sharpened or carried. The brown bone is absolutely gorgeous, the shield is pinned, and the steel is CV. Now I understand what people mean when they gripe about the newer blades not being very well pointed. This thing has a needle point! The pen blade was somewhat proud but a few minutes with a small diamond file on the kick fixed that. The only issue is that the pull is about 7 - 8 and my nails just won't take that anymore. At first I thought about using one of those little four-blade "coin" screwdrivers to open it, but then I spotted a big (about 1" diameter) nylon washer that I had lying around. Works great for catching the nail nick and won't scratch! I bought a couple more from the hardware store and put one each on a couple of keychains so they will always be handy. Overall a real beauty that just screams "classic, traditional pocket knife."

48441143111_091ef4922f_b.jpg
That is absolutely gorgeous.
I have a few of those older Case knives now and the quality is outstanding.

Back